• Schedule Help!

We currently have a schedule of:
    6/2
    6/2
    6/2
    6/2
    5/3
    5/3
    8 hour shifts with roatating days off. I am looking to reduce the six days in a row and still have weekends off. I have looked at a nine hour schedule which looks possible. Chief is against 12 hour shifts and 10 hours wont work either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Who is going to work weekends if everyone is scheduled off?

Comment

Sorry, there is no answer unless your Chief will hire enough people to either work 4/10 schedule or "slots" with 5 on 3 off and occasionally in that cycle you only have two off. 4/10's are the best but you need four squads. When you have little manpower twelves are the way to go so long as you do the one that you rotate every other weekend so you have a three day weekend off, but you don't work more than three in a row.
      "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The MARINES don't have that problem." ....Ronald Reagan

Comment

You can do 9 hour shifts with the following schedule and everyone has at least one weekend every three weeks, though they are not always on the 4 day break. Three shifts with a 1 hour overlap on each.

6 on, 3 off; 6 on 3 off; 6 on 4 off

That makes 28 days. Days off are always the same for each officer, but obviously you have different days off for each (or most) officers. You still have six days on, but you get more days off in a row. I worked that schedule for almost six years and I loved it. Obviously it works best for fixed rather than rotating shifts.

The schedule I had most of the time had me off:

Sun, Mon, Tue; Tue, Wed, Thu; Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun

Everyones days were slightly different, but it worked well.
        -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6254 users online. 356 members and 5898 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X