300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Man Squad -- Car Sick?

Title says it all. To those of you that do/have ridden two man, was car sickness ever an issue for you at any point? If so, how did you overcome it?

I will say I have ridden in a 2man car. When I get to feeling ill, I will take over driving for a bit. Sometimes when we ride 3 in a car (rarely) I will get out and walk or get another car
    "Don't play dumb with me, you're not as good at it as I am"

Col Sam Flagg

Comment

Keep my eyes on the road and have lots of airflow on my face always seems to help!

Comment

I agree, keep the window cracked a bit for fresh air. It got better for me as time went on. And switch drivers more often. After awhile it was not an issue. As you may have read in another forum, some officers just can't ride with another officer, but my partner and I worked well together. With the right partner, a 2 officer squad can be a great time.

Comment

Don't have a problem unless I'm trying to read or write a report while my partner drives.
          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

My 2 man car sickness originated from Speedy Gonzalez's. So watch the takeout and the sickness should subside

Comment

While I was on FTO I would get sick in about the first 5 min. Now, it's not so bad. We don't ride 2 deep very often.

Comment

We work two man squads and I haven't had a problem yet...I guess its something you get used to. The only time I think Ive ever gotten a hint of car sickness was during EVOC and thats because the instructors like to drive the cars like they stole them.

We don't write reports while the car is in motion...I can just imagine the W/C seeing the hand writing then wanting to talk to the 5 year old who wrote it.
                We switch off everyday and always drive with windows down. We generally don't drive fast unless its an officer requesting back-up or worse.
                LAPD

Comment

i get car sick when others drive. even if i didnt i still prefer 1 man cars.
                  Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Worked two man hoops pretty much my entire time. Hasn't been a problem yet. As someone else said, we always have our windows down (not for car sickness). Maybe that helps. Some guys have a problem reading a map or writing booking slips while their partner drives.

Comment

You definitely get used to it.

I was a bit sick in the beginning. Work with a partner every night and I never get sick anymore.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback brothers. It is greatly appreciated.

Comment

As long as I don't try to type a report or read too much I am OK.

Comment

Used to it, we work 2 man cars all the time... it's kinda required. Seems like the trend in big cities.
                            MTS, 013

Comment

We work two man crews and it's not a problem. Might feel a little queasy if we're suffering the effects of the morning after the night before.
                              If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5734 users online. 314 members and 5420 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X