300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 22 tac lights.

Guys and gals-I hope I have not over looked this subject as being posted already, if so bear with me.

For those of you with a Glock 22 or 23 if you use a tac light on the rail make sure your weapon functions with it. I recently bought my own Streamlight M3 laser light combo for my Glock 22 and 23. I snapped it on the weapon and attempted to get a zero with the laser. Jam after jam. Took it off-no problems. Put it back on-jam,jam,jam. Both weapons malfunctioned with the lights attached. Check out your stuff because it is a problem.

The reason I mention this is I can see how someone could buy them a light and never try it. I might have done so myself but I wanted the laser sighted in.

I believe the frame is so flexible that when you add the extra weight it flexes the frame enough that it binds the slide.

Be fore warned all. It is real. And no it is not weapons maintenance or ammo related.

Anyone else seen this?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

I have a Streamlight TLR1 on both the Glock and the USP45, and not one single problem. No jams when fired, when drawn and fired, or when reloaded and fired. No issues at all.

Comment

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho....php?p=1398121

Check that link maybe it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by kw74 View Post
        http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho....php?p=1398121

Check that link maybe it will help.
        Whoops-I should have checked a little more closely. I thought I had seen the subject on Officer .com but could not recall. Anyway The subject is a concern for me because I think there are probably some people out there using the combination and some may very well have never fired their weapon with the combination. I will admit-I was very shocked with mine due to Glocks usual reliability.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

i had the tlr-2 on my glock 22....no problems, my sarge had the tlr-1....once again no problems

Comment

Local department here started issuing weaponlights about two academy cycles back, and currently issue Glock 22s. Had enough of an increase in failure to feed that the range starting investigating the problem. This is occuring with brand-new weapons, with the 11-coil magazine spring.

Apparently this is a known problem, since an officer who recently purchased a Surefire X300 found a warning disclaimer about the Glock 22 in his paperwork. This is the only Glock model that I know of having this problem.
            Last edited by Bighead; 11-13-2008, 01:50 AM.
            "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

I have the same problem, any ways to fix it? Everyone says it may be the spring, follower, etc but are there any fixes besides taking off my light?

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
                  The springs work for some people, but some of the guns will just NOT function with a light no matter what "fixes" you use.

I switched for a 22 to a 21 for that reason.
                  Thanks I might have to get a 21 too, I don't wanna go without a light and the .45 makes bigger holes too anyway

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5894 users online. 346 members and 5548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X