300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for florida traffic cops

can you issue a citation for not having your certificate or registration (F.S.S. 320.0605) when the tag is expired? let's also say they have the registration for the previous registration period

How can you cite the driver for something that has not been issued yet if the tag is expired? Am I missing something?
    bebud

Comment

if they have the registration for the tag even if it is expired, then no. The would just get one for the expired ticket.

Comment

Just read the statute to make sure, but I did not see anything about whether the registration is valid, just that it is present. So even if they presented an expired registration card - they are in possession of it - and I would not cite them.

However, I would still cite for the expired tag.

If they did not have the registration AND it was expired you could cite for both, but they would really have to have earned getting both citations- at least from me.

Comment

Having looked up your profile, you must have just recently gone solo.
          Airborne Cops are closer to God.
          Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

just a question... we were talking about it at lunch the other day

Comment

You could get a citation for both the expired tag and not having a registration. An out of date registration is like not having one at all. Naturally you wouldnt have a current regiatration and a out of date tag....Unless you forgot to put the sticker on your tag. You have to show a current registration which would give you a current tag. Could be cited for both.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2793 users online. 158 members and 2635 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X