Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politics & Department B.S.

Is it ridiculous everywhere???????????

I don't have much more to say, except that the b.s. that goes on in my department is FUBAR'd BIG TIME.

Yes. It's all a big game, honey. Take a deep breath and decide how much you want to play in it. It's a double edged sword...the more responsibility I've gained at my agency, the faster my feet tap. It's a trade off and worth it (for me); not that it can't get extremely hard at times.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

yes it is rampant everywhere!!
      "Don't play dumb with me, you're not as good at it as I am"

Col Sam Flagg

Comment

The problem is that those who do not and have not performed actual cop duty are the ones now making the decisions and promoting others like them.
        You all know the type I mean.....Worked the road for maybe a year, got put on a special admin unit and never looked back.

Comment

Politics? In law enforcement? Surely, you jest! How do you think the hatchet men and decision makers at the top get there?

How do you think the department is run?

City cops work for the politicians - Council/Selectmen, Chief's of Police, Mayors, City Attorneys, they all get their jobs through politics. And, if you are a member of the good-old-boy network, you too can get promoted.

It happens in any job, irrespective of where you work, what you do, or how much you earn. Politics is the name of the game.

You either live with it or start your own company.

It is generally not as prevalant in larger agencies, but still there.
          Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

The higher up you go, the more that politics effects your job. The more you pay attention to department politics, the more rapidly your morale falls and disposition becomes negative. If you aren't planning on promoting beyond Sgt, patrolman in smaller agencies, then ignore it and do your job.

I have personally found that the farther I stay away from district offices and HQ, the less stress I have. I worked out of a station that had a district office in it and you get to see and hear all the crap; politics, stupidity, personnel issues, etc. I transferred to a rural station and my stress went down to a 1/4 of what it was working there. Now it is easy to stay motivated and just work because I don't get to see and dwell on the crap that is going on. Even if it doesn't directly affect you, it still can have an effect on your attitude.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3190 users online. 149 members and 3041 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X