300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth on duty

How many of you out there wear a bluetooth while on duty?

Or are you like me and think people who wear them should have them ripped out of their ear?
    Allowed to wear
    10.71%
    Looks unprofessional
    44.05%
    Rip it out of their ear
    38.10%
    Who cares!
    7.14%
    "Don't play dumb with me, you're not as good at it as I am"

Col Sam Flagg

We have no policy regarding their wear, and I do when driving, more safe.

But, one of my jellyback supervisors would always wear his and he would talk on it while looking at you. I would pick up an office phone, call his cell phone and look directly at him while on the phone with him and tell him how annoying it was.
    Airborne Cops are closer to God.
    Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

Looks unprofessional - outside the car. If you want to use it while driving, cool, (I just put my phone on speaker and stick it in the visor) but I think it looks terrible when I see other officers walking around with that thing in their ear.
      "Martyr" - just a fancy word for "crappy fighter"

Comment

Unless you're Lt. Uruha on Star Trek, don't wear it.

Comment

Originally posted by simplyacop View Post
          How many of you out there wear a bluetooth while on duty?
          I caramba! Nothing makes me cringe more than hearing Mrs exCompton ask me if I've seen her "Bluetooth." My standard reply is..." Bluetooth is a technology not a tangible item, your wireless headset is over there!"

That said, cops wearing wireless devices on duty...Meh. IMO, anything that improves officer safety is a good thing.
          "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

Since it just became illegal here in Cali to drive with your cellphone to your ear (LE exempt) everybody has them! None of our officers that I have seen use them, we just stick to the old way

Comment

LAschoolCop. I just noticed your avatar. Do you hate rich people?
              Airborne Cops are closer to God.
              Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

As long as it does not interfere with the officer's job, I have no objection to them.
                If I could keep one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I could ease one life the aching or cool one pain; or lift a fainting robin unto it's nest again, I shall not live in vain. Emily Dickinson
                www.samanthafund.com

Comment

I think they look unprofessional.

I only wear mine while inside the car.

Comment

Very unprofessional looking. If I ever see one of my officers in the field with on in their ear, it isn't there the next time I see them. In the vehicle, ok, out of it, no way.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperCopper View Post
                      LAschoolCop. I just noticed your avatar. Do you hate rich people?
                      Only ones who are not giving me any money

Comment

Double post...

Comment

unprofessional

I also agree that it looks unprofessional. I have not seen any Officer have one on duty.

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop View Post
                            I caramba! Nothing makes me cringe more than hearing Mrs exCompton ask me if I've seen her "Bluetooth."
                            She could have gotten a blue filling.....

I always tell people to smile when they tell me they have a new "bluetooth". Nobody ever gets it, though.
                            “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

Nothing irritates me more than to see one of my officers on a call with a bluetooth in his ear. You are on a call you don't need to answer a personal call at a moments notice while you are working. I don't mind the guys using them while driving though. I don't have one, and if I make a call I usually pull over. For some reason it irritates me to see officers driving and talking on their cell phones. Maybe I am getting old The young guys truly amaze me sometimes. Every now and then I will do a ride with one of my rookies to see how they are doing. These guys can talk on the cell phone, IM on the MDC and talk on the radio all at the same time
                              I do good just logging into my MDC

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5831 users online. 329 members and 5502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X