300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Duty

Well thanks to TS FAY, I have been manning an intersection due to no working lights. Even with two patrol cars here all lit up, still people blow through the intersection. (FL must act as 4 way stop during period of no working lights) Two knuckle heads met earlier and slid to stop about 2 ft from another patrol car. Anyway rant over sorry. Minimal damage here, just stupid people (job security). Hope everyone else is ok too.

Be Safe
    Me in the Sunshine State

10-8store.com

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character!"

You workin overtime or your usual schedule? We were thinking up until Tuesday morning that we may be called in for overtime... but then we realized that it was just another thunderstorm for us.

Comment

Regular duty, no just a storm about half the city flooded, DOT closing roads, waiting ofr call to go back for OT. I am supposed to be in school Mon am, hopefully this will be over by then. Where are you at?
      Me in the Sunshine State

10-8store.com

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do. That is character!"

Comment

We had very minimal damage down here, 1 tree in the entire city knocked over. Never lost power, so no problems with the lights.

Did have some minor street flooding and a couple of people stalled out, but nothing too bad.

I can't believe how many people have claimed they did not know it was the law to stop, when the lights are not working at an intersection.

Comment

Hopefully you guys all wore your traffic vests. Did you utilize flares about 50 feet from the intersection. I line them up about 5 per lane leading up to it? That will sometimes slow up traffic or at least give people the inkling that something is going on up there.
          I'd rather cars creep by me at 10 MPH than whiz by at 50. http://forums.officer.com/forums/images/smile.gif

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6313 users online. 314 members and 5999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X