300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bigfoot" cop to be fired.

So, I am sure everyone has caught the "Bigfoot" finding on the news at some point with in the last week, yes?

Matt Whitton, an officer who has been on medical leave from the Clayton County Police Department for being shot in the arm or hand during a foot chase of a robbery suspect will soon be fired by his department. Read below to see what his chief had to say, I have to agree with him. His time on the stand is now over!

ATLANTA - Turns out Bigfoot was just a rubber suit.

Two researchers on a quest to prove the existence of Bigfoot say that the carcass encased in a block of ice handed over to them for an undisclosed sum by two men who claimed to have found it was slowly thawed out, and discovered to be a rubber gorilla outfit.

The revelation comes just days after a much ballyhooed news conference was held in California to proclaim that the remains of the creature were found in the North Georgia mountains was the legendary man-ape.

Steve Kulls, executive director of squatchdetective.com and host of Squatchdetective Radio, says in a posting on a Web site run by Bigfoot researcher Tom Biscardi that as the ``evidence'' was thawed, the claim began to unravel as a giant hoax.

First, the hair sample was burned and ``melted into a ball uncharacteristic of hair,'' Kulls said in the posting.

The thawing process was sped up and the exposed head was found to be ``unusually hollow in one small section.'' An hour of thawing later and the feet were exposed and they were found to be made of rubber.

Matt Whitton, an officer who has been on medical leave from the Clayton County Police Department, and Rick Dyer, a former Georgia corrections officer, announced the find in early July on YouTube videos and a Web site.

``Everyone who has talked down to us is going to eat their words,'' Whitton said at the time.

Phone calls to Whitton and Dyer went unreturned on Tuesday. But the voicemail recording for their Bigfoot Tip Line which proclaims they search for leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster has been updated and announcing they're also in search of ``big cats and dinosaurs. If you see any of those, give us a call.''

On Tuesday, Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner said he has not spoken to Whitton but processed paperwork to fire him.

``Once he perpetrated a fraud, that goes into his credibility and integrity,'' Turner said. ``He has violated the duty of a police officer.''

And I was so excited that this was finally it!

Comment

These guys were idiots sure enough. When this "Bigfoot" thing first hit and I heard they were making such a stink about it, I knew right then it would be ending badly for these guys.

Will they face charges?

I figure there will be no less then a civil suit against them, probably some type of fraud charge should there be a victim. But who is the victim? The people paying the $2 charge on their website to view the picture that they should have known was a fake to begin with? I would think it is kind of like paying the dollar to see the freak show at the carnival, the half man half horse guy or something. You know that **** ain’t real but you still pay to see it.

There will have to be someone who actually paid something for it, like those two guys who paid an undisclosed amount for what they thought was the bigfoot. If they were told it was a bigfoot, they may have a case. If they were told the sellers were not sure what it was, they probably don’t have a case. However, these guys said they found it in the woods, it was not frozen at that time so I would say beyond reasonable doubt, they knew it was a fake and sold it as bigfoot. Guilty! The get what they deserve.

Comment

I heard these guys dispapeared along with the money they got from the Mr. Biscardi.

As far as the medical leave thing goes, if you're well enough to go out and hunt for Bigfoot, then you're well enough to go out and find me some bad guys so get your butt back to work!

Rev

Comment

Originally posted by JoJmoto View Post
          So, I am sure everyone has caught the "Bigfoot" finding on the news at some point with in the last week, yes?

Matt Whitton, an officer who has been on medical leave from the Clayton County Police Department for being shot in the arm or hand during a foot chase of a robbery suspect will soon be fired by his department. Read below to see what his chief had to say, I have to agree with him. His time on the stand is now over!

ATLANTA - Turns out Bigfoot was just a rubber suit.

Two researchers on a quest to prove the existence of Bigfoot say that the carcass encased in a block of ice handed over to them for an undisclosed sum by two men who claimed to have found it was slowly thawed out, and discovered to be a rubber gorilla outfit.

The revelation comes just days after a much ballyhooed news conference was held in California to proclaim that the remains of the creature were found in the North Georgia mountains was the legendary man-ape.

Steve Kulls, executive director of squatchdetective.com and host of Squatchdetective Radio, says in a posting on a Web site run by Bigfoot researcher Tom Biscardi that as the ``evidence'' was thawed, the claim began to unravel as a giant hoax.

First, the hair sample was burned and ``melted into a ball uncharacteristic of hair,'' Kulls said in the posting.

The thawing process was sped up and the exposed head was found to be ``unusually hollow in one small section.'' An hour of thawing later and the feet were exposed and they were found to be made of rubber.

Matt Whitton, an officer who has been on medical leave from the Clayton County Police Department, and Rick Dyer, a former Georgia corrections officer, announced the find in early July on YouTube videos and a Web site.

``Everyone who has talked down to us is going to eat their words,'' Whitton said at the time.

Phone calls to Whitton and Dyer went unreturned on Tuesday. But the voicemail recording for their Bigfoot Tip Line which proclaims they search for leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster has been updated and announcing they're also in search of ``big cats and dinosaurs. If you see any of those, give us a call.''

On Tuesday, Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner said he has not spoken to Whitton but processed paperwork to fire him.

``Once he perpetrated a fraud, that goes into his credibility and integrity,'' Turner said. ``He has violated the duty of a police officer.''
          Hmmmmm.... maybe he shot himself to be a "hero"?

Comment

He will never get a job as a cop again with his infamy.
            Airborne Cops are closer to God.
            Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

lol, i figured this would be the outcome. I didnt think they would actually hand over a rubber gorilla outfit and try to pass if off as real. lol

Comment

Not that I'm defending the officer for perpetrating a fraud, but then again, I don't think the notion of "caveat emptor" can possibly apply any more appropriately than when you're buying a Sasquatch...

Comment

To quote P.T. Barnum; "There's a sucker born every minute!"

The gullibility of the human animal is unquestionable. Anybody want to buy a bridge?
                  Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

"I don't think the notion of "caveat emptor" can possibly apply any more appropriately than when you're buying a Sasquatch..."

It applies if you are a snake oil salesman, but if you are a Police Officer, you should have at least little bit of personal integrity.
                    How he thought he could ever pull this off and then keep his job shows he is not very bright.

As far as a sucker born every minute, I think Whitton fits the category.

Good riddance

Comment

Were these guys smokin' something. Did the idiots not think someone would melt the ice? If it wasn't for stupid people, we wouldn't have a job. The bad thing is, these guys fell through the cracks and were allowed to be one of us for a while. Good thing they're gone.

Comment

I doubt he will ever become a cop again, who would hire him?
                        How could he testify in court?
                        I could just imagine what a defense attorney would do with him.

Comment

Are you kidding? He'd be a GREAT cop! I'd put him undercover in a second! He sold someone a SASQUATCH!!! A SASQUATCH!! Everyone knows they don't exist, and he SOLD one! Think of how much dope he could sell undercover! "Sir, I'd like to sell you a live Unicorn. I have three in the car, but I can only sell one.........If you care to wait a minute until after feeding time, I can throw in the Loch Ness Monster and one of Dracula's fangs."

Comment

It probably seemed like a good idea at the time. It reminds me of the old saying....

One case of Pabst Blue Ribbon: 18 dollars

One slightly freezer burnt gorilla suit: 5000 dollars

Losing your job over it: Priceless
                            You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Only one thing i can think of! It has to be METH these guys were smoking, and now they are on the run. Bet you can find them in some sleazy hotel along some interstate somewhere .................LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4755 users online. 258 members and 4497 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X