300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engraved handcuffs ?

I was thinking about getting my handcuffs engraved with my name on it. So I was wondering has anyone else done this and where did they get it done ? Also what did it cost you ?

Thanks

Eman2k5
    sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Yes I had it done in 1980. I took it to a jewelery store and had him do it. Back then it cost me something like $2.00 a pair.

Comment

Name's okay; serial number's a little better. Annonimity is sometimes better.

Of course, engraving "This End Up" or "Not Built for Comfort" might be pretty cool.
      sigpic
      Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
      And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Engraving is good. Last 4, badge #.
        Remember, you can leave a $20 bill out and no one will touch it. Lay down your handcuffs or flashlight....POOF!!!

Comment

as i've been told the best thieves are always cops. i got two pair of asp chain cuffs with laser engraving name, dept and tightness gauge. i paid 28 and some change a piece. they came with free laser engraving. i didn't realize but i could have gotten my id on them too. cuffs4cops is the site i got them from. they are about 31 and change now. i have had mine since last oct and love them.
          perception is the mother of all [email protected]#$ ups
          O Landfill two, you are twice the man Landfill one was. Y, thank you ma'am

Comment

Why not borrow an engraver and do it yourself? It won't be elegant, but so what?
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I bought an engraver at Walmart/Lowe's/Kmart, someplace like that, many years ago and engraved my initials on my cuffs. Doesn't have to be pretty. Who's going to be impressed by them?

I don't think the engraver cost that much, and you can use it to mark other things (tools, etc.).

Comment

An engraver is about $20. A friend of mine bought one and a bunch of us engraved our cuffs with our badge numbers.
                No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
                -Theodore Roosevelt

The views expressed by this screen name do not represent any civilian,municipal, military, or federal law enforcement agency and are strictly the views of the individual writing. Under no circumstances should someone consider the content of these posts to have anything less than a great deal of sarcasm interlaced throughout. Read at your own risk.

Comment

I had mine engraved at a shop that did trophys and plaques. Since then I aquired a DIY etcher. Not as easy to use as an engraver but looks letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamkn View Post
                    An engraver is about $20. A friend of mine bought one and a bunch of us engraved our cuffs with our badge numbers.
                    Doesn't your community relations bureau have engravers that they lend to the public?
                    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Check with some of the guys at your PD, I'll bet somebody has an engraver. We have a few at the PD and most of the guys have engraved thier badge number on handcuffs and flashlights. It doesn't have to be pretty or have logos on them, just an identifier.

Comment

Check with a trophy shop. The best jobs on my 'cuffs were done there.

Keep it simple, last name and department ID#.
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I had one of mine done. Just did the last name. The store did it for free.
                          He teaches my hands to make war,
                          so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
                          Psalms 18:34

Comment

Jewelers, 1969, two initials (handsomely done, by the way), both cuffs, fifty cents.
                            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I just used a knife blade to mark my initials on them.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5889 users online. 329 members and 5560 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X