300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Officers

I am trying to find out any information on adding police officers to high schools. We have SRO's but I am looking for information on officers being added for intel purposes. Does anyone have SOP's or anything school related that is geared different from the standard SRO's?

Originally posted by cop229 View Post
    I am trying to find out any information on adding police officers to high schools. We have SRO's but I am looking for information on officers being added for intel purposes. Does anyone have SOP's or anything school related that is geared different from the standard SRO's?
    Probation Officer here in Nor Cal. I'm not sure if Juvenile Probation Officers in your area are armed, full status peace officers...but if so, partnering Probation Officers with SRO's is fantastic. I worked on our high school campuses with our SRO for three years (in my county, we're armed, equipped, trained appropriately, and have full peace officer status with powers of arrest over anyone, probationer, parolee, or not). It's a fantastic partnership. We worked dope together, gangs, etc. My deep background intel on probation kids (family, associates, etc.) really helped my SRO. And of course, he provided me with great intel on what my probation kids were up to. We also had a great opportunity to develop rapport with kids and intervene BEFORE they entered the juvenile justice system. Anyway, it was a great partnership that really worked well. Many counties in California partner Probation Officers with SROs on campus. Just some food for thought. Be safe!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6095 users online. 355 members and 5740 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X