Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off F.T.O. - Now solo...Care to guess my first call?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wirefire2
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Today was my first day soloing, after six weeks of adult supervision (FTO).

My very first solo handle was: Cattle in the Roadway!

Yes, Bessie got loose. A trucker was kind enough to stop and try to help me round her up. He explained where the "gates" are in a section of fence and how-to use them.
    Sounds like it was a lot more fun than my domestic assault.

Leave a comment:

• Kieth M.
    replied
    You guessed it! Chiller and Bearcat, live and in person on their Colorado vacation!!!!!
    Last edited by Kieth M.; 09-11-2008, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
    Some of you already know I was a 30 year cop in a big city, on the west coast. I have seen many things. I have done a few. I have been shot at. I have shot and hit someone. I've arrested armed robbers. I have negotiated the release of a hostage from an armed & barricaded suspect. I have talked out an armed suspect who shot at police. I have talked jumpers down. I have grabbed jumpers on very high-rise buildings. I'm now in a place where the tallest building is usually only two stories.
    I didnt read the rest because you said to guess what your first call was right? Im gonna say it was a "Domestic", and upon arriving on the scene, you observed two male subjects, naked, covered in peanut butter and saltine crackers with one guy holding skittles in one hand and the other male subject holding a pickup truck battery connected to some jumper cables. Am I close?

Leave a comment:

• Phlip
    replied
    It's the Mutant-Saltwater variety that gives the most issues with non-compliance.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Road patrol when I was a deputy 1979 or so

VERY dark night with no moon-------------call of a prowler at the dairy barn (in use as a feeder cattle barn at the them) of the prison where I now work-------------cut the lights as we entered the prison grounds and drove up the lane to the dairy barn----pretty fast-------well too fast.

Saw six sets of eyeballs flash past the passenger door...........applied brakes FAST and HARD.

Turned on spot and alley lights............................I am now sitting in the middle of a herd of 700-800 lbs black angus beef cattle and see more than six sets of eyes NONE bigger than those of my partner and I.

Quickly found out that the whole area around the barn was a pasture------with a gateless cattle crossing gate at the entrance.

Inched to the barn, checked out and found all doors secure.........Inched down the lane and exited the prison grounds and went 10-8 UTL.

Stopped at prison to use rest room to clean out pants.
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-05-2008, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
    Have you ever seen the video when they taser the bull?.....he was a BIT miffed when he got up......and started tearing the corral up....
    Seen it. Wet my pants. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Hoosier_Boy
    replied
    Just tell the cow to MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve outta the road ;-)

Leave a comment:

replied
    Back when I worked in TN, a rookie working in my area got a "cow in the road" call. I wasn't too far away and I knew this was a new guy from the city and wanted to see what entertainment value may arise. Upon arrival, I could barely keep my unit on the road from laughing so hard. This guy had decent size calf (baby cow) by the neck and he was trying to drag it out of the road. when I regained my composer. I told him to let go of the calf, and it ran around in a few circles, then went into the ditch. I bumped my airhorn a few time and the calf ran off a little farther. I hit the airhorne a few more times until the calf was out of site and the problem was resolved. The new guy just kept his head down a little while shaking it saying 'no one ever showed me how to do that". I would put up a good chunk of money to have had that on video.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveNC
    I was joking...
    Still, it MIGHT be a worthwhile test......for a trainee to do......

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveNC
    Drive stun and run???
    oooooohhhh.....I wouldnt......

Have you ever seen the video when they taser the bull?.....he was a BIT miffed when he got up......and started tearing the corral up......

Besides.....I know for a fact that I cant run that fast.....

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Hey Keith....I know you won't believe this, but every once in awhile on a lonely PM watch out in the country or, on a Sunday afternood patrol of some forgotten highway, I would sometimes pull into the ditch next to a couple of Guernseys staring at me, and stare back.

And then, when I was sure I was alone, I would "MOOO" at 'em.

Leave a comment:

• ruraldeputy17
    replied
    book of cattle-chapter 1

Hello folks! I am new to this forum and was have not yet posted on the welcome forum but I could not pass this one up. I work in a very rural county and cattle on the roadway are such a problem that whenever we receive a "cow out" our dispatch automaticlly looks up the location in our "cow book". I have literally spent about half a shift or more just responding to "cow out". REAL FUN! (not). I also tried the OC spray once, got a new dent on my patrol unit. DON'T suggest it. I usually try and scare them with lights and siren back into someone's (anyone's) pasture. :

Leave a comment:

• Taylor1430
    replied
    OK...I have to ask.....how does one handle a cattle in the road call?

Here is what I, a city folk, would think to do. Turn on all lights and sirens and scare the BeJesus out of said cattle...

Baker 4 to radio...roadway is clear, 10-8

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Welcome to MY jungle, pal!

Just wait till you get a big ol' glop of cow sh** all over your last clean uniform.

Makes Crenshaw and Normandie look easy again, yes?

Leave a comment:

• tn_gunslinger
    replied
    my first day of FTO at this agency- armed bank robbery about 2 hours into the shift. That was fun!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5019 users online. 289 members and 4730 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X