Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off F.T.O. - Now solo...Care to guess my first call?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omega17632 View Post
    baby bull (sorry, don't know proper names for wildlife)
    An aggie.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop
      What is this thing called cattle?
      What an Arby's starts out life as.... I hope!
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

First day solo for my academy was Xmas day. My buddy went to "release" two female roomates who had handcuffed themselves together and then could'nt find the key...

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhh the old cows in the road way call. Just wait until they send you out for your first cattle crossing call. You will think to your self what the heck am I doing here blocking the road for a bunch of cows. hahahaha I have been there maaaaaaaaaaany times.
          Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

my first day of FTO at this agency- armed bank robbery about 2 hours into the shift. That was fun!

Comment

Welcome to MY jungle, pal!

Just wait till you get a big ol' glop of cow sh** all over your last clean uniform.

Makes Crenshaw and Normandie look easy again, yes?
              The All New
              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

OK...I have to ask.....how does one handle a cattle in the road call?

Here is what I, a city folk, would think to do. Turn on all lights and sirens and scare the BeJesus out of said cattle...

Baker 4 to radio...roadway is clear, 10-8

Comment

book of cattle-chapter 1

Hello folks! I am new to this forum and was have not yet posted on the welcome forum but I could not pass this one up. I work in a very rural county and cattle on the roadway are such a problem that whenever we receive a "cow out" our dispatch automaticlly looks up the location in our "cow book". I have literally spent about half a shift or more just responding to "cow out". REAL FUN! (not). I also tried the OC spray once, got a new dent on my patrol unit. DON'T suggest it. I usually try and scare them with lights and siren back into someone's (anyone's) pasture. :

Comment

Hey Keith....I know you won't believe this, but every once in awhile on a lonely PM watch out in the country or, on a Sunday afternood patrol of some forgotten highway, I would sometimes pull into the ditch next to a couple of Guernseys staring at me, and stare back.

And then, when I was sure I was alone, I would "MOOO" at 'em.
                    The All New
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNC
                      Drive stun and run???
                      oooooohhhh.....I wouldnt......

Have you ever seen the video when they taser the bull?.....he was a BIT miffed when he got up......and started tearing the corral up......

Besides.....I know for a fact that I cant run that fast.....
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by SteveNC
                        I was joking...
                        Still, it MIGHT be a worthwhile test......for a trainee to do......
                        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Back when I worked in TN, a rookie working in my area got a "cow in the road" call. I wasn't too far away and I knew this was a new guy from the city and wanted to see what entertainment value may arise. Upon arrival, I could barely keep my unit on the road from laughing so hard. This guy had decent size calf (baby cow) by the neck and he was trying to drag it out of the road. when I regained my composer. I told him to let go of the calf, and it ran around in a few circles, then went into the ditch. I bumped my airhorn a few time and the calf ran off a little farther. I hit the airhorne a few more times until the calf was out of site and the problem was resolved. The new guy just kept his head down a little while shaking it saying 'no one ever showed me how to do that". I would put up a good chunk of money to have had that on video.
                          Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Just tell the cow to MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve outta the road ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                              Have you ever seen the video when they taser the bull?.....he was a BIT miffed when he got up......and started tearing the corral up....
                              Seen it. Wet my pants. Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
                              The All New
                              - M1Garand

Comment

Road patrol when I was a deputy 1979 or so

VERY dark night with no moon-------------call of a prowler at the dairy barn (in use as a feeder cattle barn at the them) of the prison where I now work-------------cut the lights as we entered the prison grounds and drove up the lane to the dairy barn----pretty fast-------well too fast.

Saw six sets of eyeballs flash past the passenger door...........applied brakes FAST and HARD.

Turned on spot and alley lights............................I am now sitting in the middle of a herd of 700-800 lbs black angus beef cattle and see more than six sets of eyes NONE bigger than those of my partner and I.

Quickly found out that the whole area around the barn was a pasture------with a gateless cattle crossing gate at the entrance.

Inched to the barn, checked out and found all doors secure.........Inched down the lane and exited the prison grounds and went 10-8 UTL.

Stopped at prison to use rest room to clean out pants.
                                Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-05-2008, 06:10 PM.
                                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4643 users online. 260 members and 4383 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X