Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off F.T.O. - Now solo...Care to guess my first call?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle are good for animal basics. Thinking animals are a little tougher. I'd volunteer for the training with the DOW. Even if you don't get to run the show, it's interesting and helpful to know how things work with wild animals. This punk woke up before I was ready because the deputies didn't tell me they chased it for 2 hours before I got there and it was pumped up.

Comment

Keith,

Good job with the cow. Now just do dogs, horses, llamas, goats, snakes, skunks, and feral hogs and we will be even!

With me in my new job, I hope you will quickly surpass me in the wildlife arena. I plan to specialize only in tweakers and crackheads from now on.
      If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

---Jack Handey

Comment

Last edited by GrayState; 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Don't pepper spray the cows, i know someone that did. Then he had to explain why there was a very damaged patrol car....
          Want to start a website? I run Host Lonestar.
          Texas Discussion blog about texas...forum as well

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            A "bul-let" perhaps?

By the way, I don't think it would be considered "wildlife," because it is domesticated.
            You have a domesticated cow? Does it sleep on the bed with you or at the foot on a cow-bed?

-918-

Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness. James 3:18

Clinging to my guns and religion since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
              How exactly do you get rid of a polar bear?.....esp. considering he's looking at you and thinking 'happy meal'.....
              I try to use the siren and scare them out of town, but if that doesn't work I fire cracker rounds from the shotgun (I try to avoid that because I hate having to clean the shotgun twice a day during bear season).

It's a myth that polar bears are the only types of bears that will hunt humans. All three types of bears will do that. however, polar bears are actually the least likely to attack.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
                I try to use the siren and scare them out of town, but if that doesn't work I fire cracker rounds from the shotgun (I try to avoid that because I hate having to clean the shotgun twice a day during bear season).

It's a myth that polar bears are the only types of bears that will hunt humans. All three types of bears will do that. however, polar bears are actually the least likely to attack.
                Can we borrow a few?.....we have this gang problem that they might be able to address.......
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by -918- View Post
                  You have a domesticated cow? Does it sleep on the bed with you or at the foot on a cow-bed?

Main Entry: cat·tle
                  Function: noun plural
                  Etymology: Middle English catel, from Anglo-French katil, chatel personal property, from Medieval Latin capitale, from Latin, neuter of capitalis of the head -- more at CAPITAL
                  Date: 14th century
                  1 : domesticated quadrupeds held as property or raised for use; specifically : bovine animals on a farm or ranch
                  2 : human beings especially en masse
                  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Hey LA DEP, my buddy back in LA is headed to LASD's Respect-Based Leadership training, today. The Deputy Leadership Institute wasn't enough? What's this new one all about?????
                    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                      Hey LA DEP, my buddy back in LA is headed to LASD's Respect-Based Leadership training, today. The Deputy Leadership Institute wasn't enough? What's this new one all about?????
                      I'm PM you with details.....
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Originally posted by inveich View Post
                        Don't pepper spray the cows, i know someone that did. Then he had to explain why there was a very damaged patrol car....
                        Yeah my first call at KC was a quadruple shooting in the hood. The first cow call I went on at the new job was interesting. I asked another officer if I could drive-stun w/ the taser.......from my car of course. lol. No, I didn't man up and do it! I like dealing w/ tweakers between animal calls. Our animal control guy works M-F 8-1700..........Leaves a lot of time for officers to be doing animal cop work unfortunately. That and lock-outs are the two things they forgot to train us on in the academy.............

Comment

Hey Kieth,

Was at your office today. Whats up with the Swear jar dedicated to you
                          The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                            Hey Kieth,

Was at your office today. Whats up with the Swear jar dedicated to you
                            I promised somebody in the app/IV/BI process that if I got the job, I would create the Kieth M. "big-city, west-coast" swear jar. And I did.

It works like this, IF, I ever spout off, UNSOLICITED, telling anyone and everyone how much my previous department "did it better" I put a buck in there.

My previous department has a reputation for breeding and exporting cops with very oversized egos. My aim is to be a humble (but proud) employee of my new department.

Now, someone else has put in a dollar, just to make it look like it's some kind of tip jar.

Sorry I missed you, I came on at 1600, but was hanging around at 1520.
                            "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

I was laughing when I looked over and saw it. I came over to show a trainee the office. To be honest I haven't been there in years. I usually work a different area. I ended up staying for a bit and catching a couple cases while I was there.
                              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                                I'm PM you with details.....
                                LADEP, Would you kindly PM the details to me also.
                                Retired LASD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6104 users online. 350 members and 5754 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X