Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nervous For Review Board Tomorrow.....Any Suggestions? (NC DOC)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nervous For Review Board Tomorrow.....Any Suggestions? (NC DOC)

hey guys, tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since i have tested. i got the call last week from Alexander CI (North Carolina) last friday (i thought that was extremely fast) and they asked if i could interview on tuesday 8/5.

i am picking my suit up first thing in the morning from the cleaners, i will of course be clean shaven and clean cut. i feel like i should greet the interviewers with a handshake and Hello, nice to meet you and thank them for their time on my way out. and i know i need to look them in the eye and speak in a confident but not loud tone when answering questions.........

but what else? can someone shine some light on what kind of questions i can expect?

also if anyone works at Alexander please PM me.

thanks guys!

Nc Doc

I don't know about that one, but when I interviewed for Central last year it was nothing. I was just retiring from the Army, so I showed up in a suit and tie. I interviewed with 4 different people in the office. I was the only one that showed up in a suit and tie. the other 3 had jeans or slacks with no tie. They told me in the interview that they would be in touch with me because there were no openings right then. I went into another office and answered a question about my background and was offered a position on the spot. I eventually declined it because I moved back home and took a job as a police officer. Good luck and keep us posted on how it turned out.

Comment

thanks lee8333, the interview went pretty good (IMO). they called me yesterday 8/8 and made the conditional offer. i was very surprised, they told me at the interview that it would be 2 to 4 weeks before i heard anything.

the lady that made the offer said that they didn't have an opening right now but due to some CO's transferring and others leaving that are definitely some positions coming up in a few weeks and that i am the 3rd one on the list (so the third opening is my spot).

does that sound right?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zmurphy View Post
        thanks lee8333, the interview went pretty good (IMO). they called me yesterday 8/8 and made the conditional offer. i was very surprised, they told me at the interview that it would be 2 to 4 weeks before i heard anything.

the lady that made the offer said that they didn't have an opening right now but due to some CO's transferring and others leaving that are definitely some positions coming up in a few weeks and that i am the 3rd one on the list (so the third opening is my spot).

does that sound right?

thanks
        Sounds plausible...

Comment

Yep that sounds right, and it sounds like youll be getting a call real soon, best of luck
          I hate a SNITCH, they are a lower life form than inmates

Comment

Originally posted by fieldtech View Post
            Yep that sounds right, and it sounds like youll be getting a call real soon, best of luck
            thanks alot guys. i am a little nervous since Alexander is close custody but i am more excited than nervous.

anyone work close custody?

Comment

thanks alot guys. i am a little nervous since Alexander is close custody but i am more excited than nervous.

anyone work close custody?
              First of all, NCDOC has a huge turnover rate (when I worked there in 07, it was 52% in the first year) that as long as you have a pulse, you'll likely be getting your assignment soon. There are always openings at almost every CI.

As for close custody... I worked at Scotland CI, which was close custody. We also had a HCON section in my unit as well. In the unit where I worked, we had 3 pods of 48 prisoners each. One of the pods was SEG only. Normally we ran the unit with 3 officers; 1 in the control booth, and 2 on the floor. Sometimes in the mornings we got extra help for distributing chow in the SEG pod.

As for the prisoners, we had everything from child molesters to drug dealers to murderers and rapists. When you're new, they all test you to see what kind of person and officer you are (or will be). Once you are there for a while and establish a consistent reputation, most will back off a little. There will be times when you will be eye to eye with some non-conforming prisoners who want to test you. Best bet is to stand firm, but have your radio in your hand and your OC Pepper Spray ready. Never hesitate to call for back-up. Better to have it and not need it than be in a physical tussle with a prisoner and wish you had called for help.

Just remember, no matter where you end up, FIRM, FAIR, CONSISTENT. Also remember that your answer to just about anything should be "NO" except for items to which prisoners are entitled (soap, forms, pencils, paper, medical/dental care, etc.). Once you have some time and experience under your belt, you will understand this better.

Best of luck!

Matt
              Everyone's a "tough guy" behind the bars!

I/M: "Why is you always treatin' us like we is locked up in prison?"
              Me: "Uhhhhhh... Because you ARE?"

Comment

thanks for the info Matt-NC

Comment

well i got a call from Albemarle CI today for an interview. i hope i get a call from Alexander before, but i will continue on w/ Albemarle.

should i say anything to them about Alexander?

Comment

well i got a call from Albemarle CI today for an interview. i hope i get a call from Alexander before, but i will continue on w/ Albemarle.

should i say anything to them about Alexander?
                    Call AXCI & tell them you've been approached by Albemarle but would really prefer AXCI (assuming you do). Ask them what's the status of any openings they may have incurred since your last conversation with them. It's also good to establish one contact person (usually the personnel tech.) so that you can build a rapport and don't get bounced around from office to office.
                    good luck!

On a side note, I don't believe you'd be disappointed working at Albemarle either.

Comment

Originally posted by DOP View Post
                      Call AXCI & tell them you've been approached by Albemarle but would really prefer AXCI (assuming you do). Ask them what's the status of any openings they may have incurred since your last conversation with them. It's also good to establish one contact person (usually the personnel tech.) so that you can build a rapport and don't get bounced around from office to office.
                      good luck!

On a side note, I don't believe you'd be disappointed working at Albemarle either.
                      i actually called AXCI a couple of hours before Albemarle called. i have only spoke with one lady at AX so hopefully she will remember my name. she assured me that i am still on the list. she also told me that that they have had a couple positions come open. which is good, because when she orginally made the offer, she said i was #3 on the "call list". so maybe i am next......hopefully.

i don't really care which i work. although AX would be a much easier drive back and forth.

Albemarle has 8 positions right now. so that could mean i would get on faster there.

thanks for the help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3957 users online. 200 members and 3757 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X