Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida D.O.C. or D.J.J. ?

Hey guys,

Is there anyone that has had experience of working with / in both the Florida Department of Corrections (DOC) and Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ)?

I'd be interested to hear their thoughts / comparisons between the 2 depts.

Thanks in advance....

I worked for DJJ - they are an ok division - I can also say that the kids have more rights than and adult inmate and they will report you for anything and everything!! I was investigated a few times for nonsense - but even if it is a crazy outrageous claim they have to dig deep and snoop - thats my only input on them
    All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

Thanks for your input Papapump51 and good luck with the interview tomorrow.

Comment

You are wasting your time with both of those agencies... Go to a county corrections dept. Usually better pay/benefits. People constantly leave the DOC and DJJ for our dept...
        The views expressed in this article are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to, the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.

Comment

I appreciate the advice, but I'm really looking for something up in North Eastern Florida, close to home.

I live in South Jacksonville at the moment, and relocating isn't an option for a whole variety of reasons.

I'm not too bothered as I've done 25 years in Law Enforcement and already get a pension. This is just another job to help with some extra money.

I just wanted to hear from someone who may have worked at some stage as both a Correctional Officer (DOC) and also a Juvenile Detention Officer (DJJ) to get a fair comparison of the 2 jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by BritCop in USA View Post
            I appreciate the advice, but I'm really looking for something up in North Eastern Florida, close to home.

I live in South Jacksonville at the moment, and relocating isn't an option for a whole variety of reasons.

I'm not too bothered as I've done 25 years in Law Enforcement and already get a pension. This is just another job to help with some extra money.

I just wanted to hear from someone who may have worked at some stage as both a Correctional Officer (DOC) and also a Juvenile Detention Officer (DJJ) to get a fair comparison of the 2 jobs.
            Two types of Inmates I would NEVER, NEVER repeat, NEVER want to work with again are Juveniles and females........I have worked with both in the past and------------------ yuk!
            Papapump51 has said it pretty well.

Flordia DOC seems to hire just about anyone (don't take this wrong) so you you should have no problem getting on.........it would be being able to hold your nose long enough to get over the stink of how you would have to do things that would be the challenge for a retired LEO. As a suplement to your pension.........and having the added plus of being able to quit if you got pizzed off............might not be a bad deal!
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

i dont think you are going to find too many people going from doc to djj (or vice versa) because there are no significant changes in pay between the two agencies.

your best bet is going to be jacksonville sheriff's office.

the private corrections industry is a nightmare, but hey, if you can get a nice cushy job with a private company, go for it. (but you cant say you havent been warned!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6347 users online. 358 members and 5989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X