300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCR BI called me for my GED

My BI called me regarding my GED, which i don't have. Now I need it before the 24th of October. I graduated high school and college from overseas(Philippines).
    I called most of the adult schools here in San Diego, and the soonest i could
    take the GED test will be September.Hoping to meet the deadline.

Originally posted by jkasandiego View Post
    My BI called me regarding my GED, which i don't have. Now I need it before the 24th of October. I graduated high school and college from overseas(Philippines).
    The internet is your friend.........................it even extends to the Philippines.
    Contact them and see if they can forward your transcripts.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

IOWA1603,
      CDCR already have my high school and college transcript. What they need is a California GED which i don't have yet. I'm stressed out now since she gave me till the 24th of October to comply.

Comment

nv c/o

If they have your high school transcripts and college transcripts why do they need to see a GED?

Comment

Nv C/o

All they asked me for was my high school transcripts and college transcripts why are they bugging you for a GED?

Comment

HS here in RP (Philippines) only goes to 10th grade and a 4 year colege degree is usually considered the equivalent to an Associates Degree, the fact is that very few schools here are internationally accredited. I live next to CIS which is. Likely his dept didn't even realize there was a problem as they probably haven't had to deal with non US transcripts and did not know about the discrepancy in the number of years of schooling until the BI took a serious look. The good news is that they seem interested in hiring him.
            Last edited by cmr164; 07-28-2008, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nv.c/o View Post
              All they asked me for was my high school transcripts and college transcripts why are they bugging you for a GED?
              I graduated from a foreign school.

Comment

Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
                HS here in RP (Philippines) only goes to 10th grade and a 4 year colege degree is usually considered the equivalent to an Associates Degree, the fact is that very few schools here are internationally accredited. I live next to CIS which is. Likely his dept didn't even realize there was a problem as they probably haven't had to deal with non US transcripts and did not know about the discrepancy in the number of years of schooling until the BI took a serious look. The good news is that they seem interested in hiring him.
                I graduated high school in San Jose Recoletos, and College in Cebu Institute of technology. When i join the service in Subic Bay 20 yrs. ago my HS transcript
                was accepted.

Comment

If they have your high school transcripts and college transcripts why do they need to see a GED?
                  Originally posted by cmr164 View Post
                  I still don't understand needing a GED if he has what you say is equivalent to a AA degree............................................ ..........................And yes I wouldn't know the difference if I looked at a forgien transcript..............I doubt Iowa would require a GED in that circumstance...but Iowa isn't California

jkasandiego
                  Don't get stressed out........................call your BI and explain AGAIN that you didn't know you needed a GED since you already had a HS and College education.........EXPLAIN again that you are attempting to take a GED test in order to satisfy the California requirement that you have a GED...............................If that doesn't work............talk to your BI's supervisor.....................don't stress Communicate
                  Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

IOWA#1603, i'm very thankful for your advice. I'm signing up to take the GED first week of August, and will take the test by 2nd week of September.

Comment

California law requires a peace officer be a high school graduate from an accredited US high school; and in order for an out of state GED test to be considered qualifying in Ca. as meeting high school graduation level, the scores attained in each category cannot be less than 40 with an overall average score of not less than 45.

I thought when i submitted my HS and College transcript from a foreign school covers the GED.

Comment

California law requires a peace officer be a high school graduate from an accredited US high school; and in order for an out of state GED test to be considered qualifying in Ca. as meeting high school graduation level, the scores attained in each category cannot be less than 40 with an overall average score of not less than 45.

I thought when i submitted my HS and College transcript from a foreign school covers the GED.
                        Ah HA !
                        I was not aware of that little detail........never been to California

You still want to communicate with your BI so they know you are working on the problem

Comment

CDCR/ Philippine FOREIGN EDUC. CREDENTIALS

Good evening,

I was going thru your threads and came across your post. I too was in the same boat as you. Did my highschool @ Brent Int'l and my college @ U.E college of dentistry in Manila. My BI told me that my HS diploma is not recognized here. I immediately called up BRENT and verified if my school was accredited here in the US. They told me yes by the Western Association of Colleges and Universites of America. Something like that. So they sent over to my BI sealed HS transcripts and a certified letter w/ a seal stating w/c accredting agencies recognize my school. I had my Dental transcripts re-read in Mass. and I am duly recognized as a dentist here. My BI said federal and state have different educational policies. Oh well. I hope we can talk.

Just wanted to share my story. I am still in backgrounds. As of today I will have been in BG's for 75 days.

Thanks again.

Daniel Ramirez

Comment

Originally posted by future_CO43 View Post
                            Good evening,

I was going thru your threads and came across your post. I too was in the same boat as you. Did my highschool @ Brent Int'l and my college @ U.E college of dentistry in Manila. My BI told me that my HS diploma is not recognized here. I immediately called up BRENT and verified if my school was accredited here in the US. They told me yes by the Western Association of Colleges and Universites of America. Something like that. So they sent over to my BI sealed HS transcripts and a certified letter w/ a seal stating w/c accredting agencies recognize my school. I had my Dental transcripts re-read in Mass. and I am duly recognized as a dentist here. My BI said federal and state have different educational policies. Oh well. I hope we can talk.

Just wanted to share my story. I am still in backgrounds. As of today I will have been in BG's for 75 days.

Thanks again.

Daniel Ramirez
                            I did the GED, passed and was DQ'd due to not having it by the time of my application. My BI want me to re apply and retest, I don't think i'll do that.

Comment

Also have my high school and college transcript sent to my BI, but she insisted that My submission of my GED should be at the day of my application date.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6183 users online. 321 members and 5862 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X