300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking day off while in the academy

I am hoping to be in the academy for the next class, My dilema is that I am getting married in the beginning of Oct. would I have a problem getting that day off ? It is an evening wedding so I am hoping I would at least get a morning tour.

Integrity in a officer means the settled disposition, the resolve and determination,
    the established habit "of doing right where there is no one to make you do it but yourself".... You are who you are when no one is looking

All you can do is ask. I know most academies say you have to be there for the entire time. But I can't see them not trying to work with you a little for something that has been in the planning stages for a year or more.

Congrats.
    LOCKDOWN!

Comment

This happens all the time with new people..............most shift supervisors will work with you.

When I was in the academy I had to miss a couple days due to a subpeona from an old case....................I made up the day by testing out of the class that was held that day.................

Bring it up the first chance you get so everyone is on board from the get go........
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
        Bring it up the first chance you get so everyone is on board from the get go........
        i am assuming you will need the day off while academy is still in session.

after you request the day off (and hopefully get approved), remind them of this (but dont nag them). when the schedule comes out for the academy curriculum, remind them that you are going to need that day off and ask what about how to go about making up the work. speak to the director about this, not just an instructor.

and then remind him/her 3 weeks in advance, and then a week or so in advance, because the academy staff has more on their mind than little johnny's day off.

Comment

I dont know how it is in NY but in our PTI here in IL we have day off requests. You can miss only so many days and it has to be for something BIG. (Marriage, Death, You're dying.....ect. I have a hangover is not an excuse) After the day absent we had to write a To-From. If it was on a testing date....... THINK AGAIN.But that was us, and your Academy might be different.

Like SGTScrew said....... Make sure you talk to your DIRECTOR........ not just an instructor. The instructors will some times "forget" and you could be SOL even though an insructor told you yes.

Comment

Academy

Thanks guys, I will make sure to bring this up the first chance I get. My wedding starts in the evening so I'm hoping I get a morning tour. worst case scenario I get married in my cadet uniform

Integrity in a officer means the settled disposition, the resolve and determination,
            the established habit "of doing right where there is no one to make you do it but yourself".... You are who you are when no one is looking

Comment

btw - congrats on getting hitched!

Comment

Academy

Thanks (my time was running out) 21 years together & engaged 3 years. The NYDOC Psychologist grilled me on this one

Comment

It should not be a problem.You are going to have to write a report for the day explaining the situation and once it is approved you have to bring documentation or if the academy has 2 tours while you are there you can also ask for a tour change for the day Meaning if you are 1500x2331 tour and there is also a 0700x1531 class you can request to change you tour to the 0700 class for the day.
                  P/M me for a patch trade.

Comment

Day Off

Thanks co1669, will do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5919 users online. 356 members and 5563 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X