300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Yorkers

I know this isn't exactly a Corrections issue, but I know that a lot of you here reside in the great state of New York, so you might have an answer. Here's the deal. My brother-in-law recently moved from Wisconsin out to New York with his fairly new girlfriend. Somehow this girl is still legally married to a guy she met in the Army. Well, after a few months in New York, she gives birth to my brother-in-law's baby. The issue is this, she is claiming that in New York, being that she is still legally married, that my brother-in-law cannot sign the birth certificate. She claims that in New York the only person that would be permitted to sign is her legal husband. Now I think that this is complete crap and don't believe it for a second. But, I've been wrong in the past so I figured I would ask you guys so that I have a little proof if I have to break the news to him.

Well, thats going to be a screwed up mess all the way around. What was he thinkin. How do you trust a chick who cheats on her husband that is serving us. If I were him i would put her back on a bus to wisconsin

Comment

He needs to get an attorney plain and simple
      I hate a SNITCH, they are a lower life form than inmates

Comment

Originally posted by fieldtech View Post
        He needs to get an attorney plain and simple
        Yep. If he wants to be a Dad instead of just a father, he needs to get a lawyer, demand blood tests and sue for his parental rights.
        Take it from someone who knows, he needs to do it right farking now.
        sigpic
        Don't make me gassy.
        You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

If I remember correctly from civil law, the husband is automatically assumed to be the father by the courts of any child borne by his wife while they are married. The only way the courts will allow another to assume this legal role if a DNA is test is performed. Until this is done, the husband is on the hook for the child support.

Comment

The husband also has to go to court and say that the child is not his. My now ex-wife had to go through all of this as well. Yes, in NY the husband is assumed the father even with DNA tests proving that he is not. Until he goes to court and says that the he does not claim the child as his, he is held repsonsible. As for the name on the birth certificate, you can put any name you want on that. It's the matter of legal rights that he needs to go to court and prove the child is his, and get the husband to sign off any 'rights' he has as her husband.

Comment

You asked if this was a Corrections issue? We worked with so many ****ed up people..YOU BET THIS IS A CORRECTIONS ISSUE...
              If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by DOCSatTheGunk View Post
                You asked if this was a Corrections issue? We worked with so many ****ed up people..YOU BET THIS IS A CORRECTIONS ISSUE...
                And they aren't always inmates either!!!!!
                New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by froIII View Post
                  Well, thats going to be a screwed up mess all the way around. What was he thinkin. How do you trust a chick who cheats on her husband that is serving us. If I were him i would put her back on a bus to wisconsin
                  I was assuming that they were separated but not legally divorced yet.

Comment

You assume correct. Her and her husband are seperated. She was in the Army stationed somewhere around New York and when she got stationed somewhere else they split. But, either way it sounds like my brother-in-law is going to be paying for this one.

Comment

I’m sorry to tell you. She is right. As for the name on the birth certificate .I agree with
                      USNYCO76. She could put any name she wants on it.
                      sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3048 users online. 178 members and 2870 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X