300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help Fast!!!

I'm supposed to start with the bop on mon and just recieved a denial letter for my ccw pistol permit is this grounds for termination if so is it written where can i find this please help i don't know what to do i'm appealing it bu tthta could take months!

Is it a state issued permit or is this for the BOP? If its a state permit why would that be grounds for termination? Also why did you get the denial?

Comment

all depends on why you were denied, and if it was somthing that you forgot to tell your BI,, so why were you denied?

Comment

if you are supposed to show up on monday, then show up!

unless you are already certified law enforcement or have a valid purpose for carrying a concealed weapon, the empire state (being the blue state that it is...) is very reluctant to issue pistol permits.

Comment

What does being employed as a correction officer have to do with being denied for a state/county pistol permit? You can CCW once you get on the job without a permit, since you will be a sworn feredal LEO. If you got hired, duh go to work!!!! And NYS does not issue CCW permits to average joe citizens.
          CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
          FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Originally posted by NYSJAILER2008 View Post
            And NYS does not issue CCW permits to average joe citizens.
            Especially if you're from NYC or Long Island!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
            NYS Corrections: Home to the whiniest convicts in the country!
            New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989 View Post
              Especially if you're from NYC or Long Island!
              X4!

Comment

I was denied for the reason of mental illness i have anxiety and take meds for it i'm also nys certified peace officer w/ firearms and have worked for a correctional facility and was just hired by the bop! the judge made it seen like i was in a nut house

Comment

But yet they let you carry a badge and weapon AND you got hired by a Federal law enforcement agency? I hate judges sometimes!
                  New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Yea and i have had a badge and a weapon in my previous c/o job it is a joke and i already appealed it just on principal i'm not the only leo on meds i now for a fact there are hundreds of us i'm not alone it doesn't make me a bad person or impair my judgement if so i would not be employed as a c/o again!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mike407 View Post
                      Yea, and I've had a badge and weapon in my previous c/o job. Its a joke, and I already appealed it, just on principal. I'm not the only LEO on meds, I know for a fact that there are hundreds of us. I'm not alone and it doesn't make me a bad person or impair my judgment. If so I would not be employed as a c/o again!
                      I'm sorry, the writer in me just had to fix your post.
                      I wouldn't bother with the appeal. Working for the B.O.P. already gives you the right to carry nationally under HB218 and the judge might get stupid and try to fark your job up because he thinks 'its the right thing to do'.
                      Let it go.
                      sigpic
                      Don't make me gassy.
                      You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

I was denied for the reason of mental illness i have anxiety and take meds for it i'm also nys certified peace officer w/ firearms and have worked for a correctional facility and was just hired by the bop! the judge made it seen like i was in a nut house
                        You are about to get a badge and a gun again, so why are you worried about a civillian pistol permit??? You can carry CCW in nys +49 others on your shield or creds

Comment

I already paid alot of money and this was before i decided to go back into corrections and also this is just another example of a judge abusing his authority and it is my right as far as the job being screwed up they already know about me and they hired me so did the other agency i use to work for.I know i can carry pretty much anywhere on my shield that is the point how can i be denied.

Comment

I already paid alot of money and this was before i decided to go back into corrections and also this is just another example of a judge abusing his authority and it is my right as far as the job being screwed up they already know about me and they hired me so did the other agency i use to work for.I know i can carry pretty much anywhere on my shield that is the point how can i be denied.
                            Because like you said in your county its ultimately up to the judge's final decision. Most people in your situation get themsleves a lawyer to appeal.

Comment

Yes sir i did retain a lawyer and i'm in the appeal process now it is up to 5 appeals judge's to decide to reverse his decision!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2955 users online. 177 members and 2778 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X