300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDCR Questions:

1) I was curious to know what kind of shifts does CDCR work? (i.e. 8 10 12 hours).

2) I have heard that there are shuttles that take officers to prisons if you live a long distance away, anyone know anything about this?

3) Lastly does anyone know what kind of money CDCR officers actually make. I know the salary cap is 73k. But what are officers actually making w/ bonuses and OT?

any insight helps, thanks.

1. 8 hr shifts for the most part...most prisons have this shift schedule: 1st watch:2200-0600....2nd watch:0600-1400....3rd watch:1400-2200
    2. Some priosns do, but you'll have to find out when you get there
    3. The average officer, after about 7 years in makes 80k+ with bonuses.....if you like doing OT, the 100k mark is quickly reached.

Comment

I run into old timers that regularly pull 120k with OT. Why? 73k a year should be enough incentive. CDC makes more than almost all CA sheriff deputies and most PDs. Most sheriff deputies have to worry about health insurance after retirement. While not free, CDC COs get health insurance coverage benefits that are excellent. CDC COs are peace officers with a professional dept. and have an excellent union. My point is that CDC is a great, great alternative to other law enforcement opportunities. Good enough that recruitment and training standards are going up. They are still hiring but I predict it is going to be much harder to get on.

Comment

I run into old timers that regularly pull 120k with OT. Why? 73k a year should be enough incentive. CDC makes more than almost all CA sheriff deputies and most PDs. Most sheriff deputies have to worry about health insurance after retirement. While not free, CDC COs get health insurance coverage benefits that are excellent. CDC COs are peace officers with a professional dept. and have an excellent union. My point is that CDC is a great, great alternative to other law enforcement opportunities. Good enough that recruitment and training standards are going up. They are still hiring but I predict it is going to be much harder to get on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5607 users online. 320 members and 5287 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X