Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am applying to be a CO with NC DOC and have a concern about the physical.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am applying to be a CO with NC DOC and have a concern about the physical.

Hey guys, i am applying with NC DOC to be a CO. I am a little nervous about the physical.

I have a heart condition, its a small hole inside my heart. I have never been restricted from any physical activities, except going into the military.

I am a pretty decent size guy 6' 4" 250lbs, work out and i am in pretty good condition, a hell of alot better than most deputy sheriffs in my area (no offense). I wrestled in high school, played soccer, played baseball and basketball growing up. My heart condition doesn't affect me at all. according to my long time cardiologist, it doesn't need to be replaired and my blood pressure #'s are awesome.

what do you guys think?

thanks

I wouldn't be too concerned, wait till ya see who they hire.....Good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davidc View Post
      ok thanks.

i saw your location is "Foothills" , which CI are you working at?

Comment

Lol

Anything physical with the NCDOC/DOP is a joke. Don't worry...you'll be one of the healthier ones judging from my experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Davidc View Post
          True that!

We had officers who couldn't climb a set of stairs without having to catch his breath.

NCDOC gets a lot of its prospects from the Welfare rolls. Something that takes people off Welfare and sends them to work for the State. It's a win-win for NC... they get people off welfare, and those people get an income and full benefits.

However, that means the overall quality of new hires is somewhat "lacking."

Good Luck!

Matt
          Everyone's a "tough guy" behind the bars!

I/M: "Why is you always treatin' us like we is locked up in prison?"
          Me: "Uhhhhhh... Because you ARE?"

Comment

as I have told ya...
            if you are breathing, have a pulse, you will get the job.
            been there - done that for 10 years.
            ;

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3745 users online. 234 members and 3511 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X