Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedures on going form NYCDOc to NYPD

Hey Guys,

Can some one tell me the procedures when you are a NYCDOC officer and you want to transfer to NYPD?

Originally posted by JBStateCO View Post
    Hey Guys,

Can some one tell me the procedures when you are a NYCDOC officer and you want to transfer to NYPD?
    Hey JB, When did you become a sworn Correction Officer of NYS, your profile says you work at SING SING and that you are a CO recruit with 2 months experience? I dont know of you as a new officer recruit and I work at SING SING. On this forum you posted just 2 months ago that you were in the process with the rest of the hopefulls and waiting for the academy in april/2008. I find it funny that now you are already a CO (now that was fast) when the academy is frozen and not putting out any classes, but hey maybe thats me, I am a paid observer for the State of NY. I hope you are not missleading other members of this forum. Remember in Law enforcement Integrity and honesty is everything,,,,,,,,,Oh and you are also a sworn Police Officer too,,,,well the plot thickens!!!!!! And plus I didnt know SING SING Correctional Facility was a Law Enforcement Agency as you have stated in your profile. Please do not disrespect my agency and profession by holding yourself out to be something you are not. Investigation time!!!!!!!
    Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 04-22-2008, 02:20 PM.
    CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
    FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Jailer,

Calm down you are not a investigator or anything else in this regard. I have 2 younger brothers that are in the process for two agencies that is the reason why I ask questions here they wanted to know. They are unable to post at this time. You need to stop looking at other members profiles.

Comment

Originally posted by JBStateCO View Post
        Jailer,

Calm down you are not a investigator or anything else in this regard. I have 2 younger brothers that are in the process for two agencies that is the reason why I ask questions here they wanted to know. They are unable to post at this time. You need to stop looking at other members profiles.
        OHHHHHHHH ok sure whatever you say JBnonSTATECO. I dont have a problem with you or anybody gathering or giving info on this forum becasue that is what its for, But HELLO this is a PUBLIC forum and you are the one that made your profile not me so I can view it along with anybody else and you and everyone else are allowed to view mines, but the only difference is that mines is correct and truthfull and yours are well??? hey but who am I to judge. And trust me I will not be investigating anything,,,there are plenty of members on here that are Investigators if there was a need for one. I was just giving you advise about being truthfully in these forum by not displaying false job LE status. Good luck to your process with any agency you applied for and dont get mad at me I was just pointing somthing out that seemed strange. I apologize for interrupting your post,,,all that are interested in answering JBSTATECO's question can now do so I have said my peace and have left the building
        Last edited by NYSJAILER2008; 04-22-2008, 10:26 PM.
        CARE, CUSTODY AND CONTROL
        FIRM, FAIR AND CONSISTENT

DOING 25 TO LIFE, 8 HOURS @ A TIME

Comment

Corrections and police work are like oranges and apples. I would think you cannot just transfer. I imagine you would have to start from scratch and apply like any other NYPD applicant.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe159 View Post
            Corrections and police work are like oranges and apples. I would think you cannot just transfer. I imagine you would have to start from scratch and apply like any other NYPD applicant.
            I went from NYC Correction Officer, to NYPD Police Officer... You have to do everything all over again... Investigation, Academy, Everything!!! The only thing that transfers over is your time and your current salary in NYCDOC... You do not have to drop down to 25,100...
            Really "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts In New York City"!
            sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3156 users online. 179 members and 2977 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X