Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You ritual on your way to the BIG HOUSE.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You ritual on your way to the BIG HOUSE.

What is your ritual on your way to work.

I usually do a morning prayer then listen to Rage Against the Machine on the way to work and usually listen to love songs on the way home to unwind before I see my fiance and son. Yes I don't mind showing my soft side.
    sigpicTrain Hard!!! Fight Smart

I usually don't do much. I may lay down with my wife for an hour or two (I work 3rd shift) before I leave. I usually arrive a little early and shoot the S**t with a couple of officers for a few minutes before we go in, then we shoot the s**t some more about the shift after work before going home. Talking about our day before we go home usually helps me unwind.

Comment

Deleted- Double post.

Comment

When I worked the 0600-1400 shift I would jam out in my car to Metallica on the way to work. Now that I work the 2200-0600/1400-2200 I'm already awake and ready to tackle anything so I just drive to work.

As for winding down I usually talk to my girlfriend about everything minus work since I don't believe in taking work home with me. Whatever happens in the jail/court stays there, unless it's something funny or exciting I may let her in on it. I also love to punch my heavy bag if it's been a hectic or frustrating day.

Comment

I never leave home with telling my family I love them cause you never know when your not going to come home.

We work alot of 16hr shifts so there are weeks when I don't see my family so time is precious with them.

Comment

Eh, no real rituals.

My daily routine consists of spending time with the horses from 4pm-6pm, playing World of Warcraft from 6pm-8pm, getting dressed from 8pm to 9pm, then driving 45min to work. 3 days a week, I carpool with my next door neighbor who is also my Sgt, so we spend the time chit-chatting about work (and about horses, since she has them too.) The other 2 nights a week, I just listen to my MP3 player. I set it shuffle and listen to whichever of my 2000 songs pops up.

On the way home, pretty much the same. Come home, let the dogs potty while I let the horses out of the barn, watch about 30min of TV (usually Family Guy recorded the night before) and drift off to sleep.
            Last edited by JMTX; 03-27-2008, 03:15 AM.

Comment

I usually get ready an hour before I go to work. I like to take my time, make my lunch. Then I sit down and relax for 10-15 min. Then on my way to work I will either call some friends (30 miles to work) or I will listen to Nascar Radio 128. On the way home I usually call my girlfriend or another friend, depands on what time it is.

Comment

I work 0545 - 1800. I usually get up around 0345, do the S,S and S. Fix my lunch for the day or stop and pick up some on the way. I get to work at least 15 min prior to line up so I can get the coffee started. I work with a mean bunch until they've got a pot or two of coffee in them.

Originally posted by JMTX
                My daily routine consists of spending time with the horses from 4pm-6pm, playing World of Warcraft from 6pm-8pm.
                I usually log on for a minute or two to check my auctions. I finally got that damned epic flying mount lol.
                Last edited by Bowles; 03-27-2008, 02:52 PM.
                Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Originally posted by JRODF4 View Post
                  .....on the way to work and usually listen to love songs on the way home to unwind........ Yes I don't mind showing my soft side.
                  LOL, do you like to cuddle too? Just messin with ya.

I usually listen to on eof the local radio stations on the way to work. Recently on the way home I listen to Pantera. Believe it or not, that helps me unwind. Other than that, I normally don't do anything ritual-like.
                  Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

[QUOTE=PRIME EVIL;1163247]LOL, do you like to cuddle too? Just messin with ya.

hehehehehe.... YES
                    Attached Files

Comment

For me working second shift I wake up at about 0630 and do a little something; Like a quick trip around the block or thirty minutes on the stationary bike. Then I shower and go back to sleep until about 1130 unless I have something to get done. Then it's a shave and shower at 1200, a quick bite to eat and rocking out all the way to work with anything that happens to sound good loud that day. Coast through the shift, and come home loud again.
                      LOCKDOWN!

Comment

1. Off work at 0501 go home long 5 1/2 mile drive
                        2. 0520 to 0900 Read papers...watch GMA....chat with wife......Do any morning chores
                        3. Sleep 0900 to (hopefully) 1600
                        4. get up do things around the house until 1900
                        5. then do the s/s/s thing
                        6. Sit around with the wife and four legged kids (two legged are married and gone now)
                        7. 2030 go to work with the LONG 5 1/2 mile drive to work
                        8. 2100 to 0500 SALT MINE TIME

0501Start over @ #1

Unless there is something that has to be done.....then you throw everything out and punt.
                        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Hard Rock on the way in - Disturbed, Static-X, Metallica, Slipknot; and Country on the way home.

I always read the sign posted by the first vestibule “Enter this facility at your our risk. The actions of you or your captors will not result in the release of you or any inmate from the custody of the Sheriff.”

The second vestibule I always “tap in”, by physically tapping the back of my hand on the door frame.

The three times I forgot to “tap in”,
                          1. Inmate stopped breathing while working in my area,
                          2. I was in a bad fight with an inmate, but walked out, and
                          3. I broke my ankle in two places and tore my ACL in my left knee.

Not too bad for five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Borntexan View Post
                            The three times I forgot to “tap in”,
                            1. Inmate stopped breathing while working in my area,
                            2. I was in a bad fight with an inmate, but walked out, and
                            3. I broke my ankle in two places and tore my ACL in my left knee.

Not too bad for five years.
                            Must be the famous coffee pot incident that JMTX won't tell us the whole story about
                            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

Must be the famous coffee pot incident that JMTX won't tell us the whole story about
                              Yep.

Actually I can't tell the whole story because I wasn't there and don't remember the details. I just remember BornTexan being on light duty for some time afterwards!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11357 users online. 462 members and 10895 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X