Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lagoon View Post
    how do u cover ur behide?
    Lol screamcheese you'll be in a rude awakening when you finally get in the job. You eill notice. These infractions most of the times the captains don't serve them. And if you write them after your shift most times they don't want to pay you for report writing. Defensive tactics will go out the window. Just say get back get within 3 feet and spray to be honest. The deputy warden and above are inmate lovers and are out to get the officer. Let's say you had a good use of force but for some reason your socks are green and not black you get written up. Is kinda petty
    Last edited by MROSADO4; 09-06-2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Scream4Cheese
      Scream4Cheese commented
      Editing a comment
      That is petty. How is the job so far for you? how is the overtime?

do inmates have numbers or names on their shirt? i mean wat if u dont know the inmate's name.
    You have their floor cards with a picture. And if anything you ask another inmate they tell a lot of the times

Comment

• GuitarJoe
      GuitarJoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Bad advice, don't ask an inmate anything, especially about another inmate. They are more united then we are and will use any chance to get over on us.

• OnrasR
      OnrasR commented
      Editing a comment
      I ask other inmates all the time. I cover important info and show them the face and ask if they know him. 9/10 they do and you avoid waking up entire house searching

• Y do some COs in rikers island wear light blue while other wear navy blue?

Comment

• twistedLtG
      twistedLtG commented
      Editing a comment
      they got rid of the light blue shirts so they arent even allowed...so duno when u saw this...only clothes allowed is the dark blue shirts and white shirts for supervisors

• Any info on NIC facitlity?

Comment

• Kai-Kai
      Kai-Kai commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm currently in the academy and a couple of captains said a teletype drop and said that for people who come to nic and work there for a year, after there year is done they get to choose what command they want to work for. but it will house the serious violent inmates when they open from what I heard

• Stay Frosty
      Stay Frosty commented
      Editing a comment
      Why house the serious violent inmates when they open ?? and you mean inmates like mentaly ill inmates, inmates that would normally go to the box or inmates that are worst of the worst but have some type of medical problem ? (AIDS, HIV) That sounds like inmates that would go to CPSU or ESH, why @ NIC ??

• Scream4Cheese
      Scream4Cheese commented
      Editing a comment
      I think NIC houses general pop, PC, and CMC inmates.It also has an infirmary.

• Does anyone know when's the next academy?

Comment

• Scream4Cheese
      Scream4Cheese commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard January 2018 is the next class..indefinitely.

• Azad33
      Azad33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do u know when is the next ones after jan 2018?
      For some reason, i wong be able to attend the one in january. Can i hold it for thr next academy, or many be 2 academy after this one ?

• Scream4Cheese
      Scream4Cheese commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont know any details about that. You can definitely hold off but nobody knows if there will be academy classes in 2018.

• Originally posted by adrew93 View Post
    ALSO, be sure to write your infractions OFF post and not in front of the inmates. I've had inmates rip them up in my face haha
    This is a very important point. I made the mistake of writing an inmate up right on the floor, i saw him approaching me and i felt he was going to try to talk his way out of the ticket. He punched me in the face.

It was my own fault and ive learned many lessons regarding keeping my guard up, not letting them too close in certain circumstances, and yes ... write the ticket elsewhere lol.

Sometimes no matter how well the academy teaches something, and no matter how many others tell you something, it still takes an actual incident before the lesson is learned.

Be safe everyone! This is a great job if you can find a way to make it work for you. Luckily the dept has a billion opportunities for you to explore if you choose to.

Comment

• 12gang12
      12gang12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you list the opportunities?

• OnrasR
      OnrasR commented
      Editing a comment
      Literally anything you can think of available in any city, is available on Rikers Island! We create our own power, manage our own sanitation, produce our own food, handle our own transportation and maintenance. We even create our own linens, and then there is the Laundry details. Theres also the telecommunications division, recruitment teams, investigation division, ceremonial unit, firearm and tactical unit, etc. You can also become an academics instructor for the academy and/or PT instructor. All of that exists for the entry level officer, as well as all higher ranks!

Not to say its easy or difficult to get any of the above, but the opportunity is there and if you know what you want you can keep pushing for it until its yours!

• 12gang12
      12gang12 commented
      Editing a comment
      When you're in these units are you still given jail rotations or are you strictly AIU investigators or recruiters or ESU

• hey guys....I have orientation on wednesday. I recently tested my blood pressure and it was 132/100. I know normal blood pressure is 120/80. I will most likely have a medical. should I be concern about my blood pressure. will I be put on review?

any info would be great

Comment

• 12gang12
      12gang12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't eat or drink coffee or tea. Your medical would be right after orientation if you arrive early. Only the first 25-30 get the medical. Others would have to reschedule and go another day

• got through medical today Blood pressure was a issue but made it...question will they test blood pressure again during the process? I heard they test blood pressure before the academy any truth in this?

Comment

• Nycle123
      Nycle123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, DOC started doing a mini med so if you pss both psych tests ull do a mini med and then pre employment

• 12gang12
      12gang12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nycle123 is that mini med the gas mask fitting and swab? Or is that just for PE?

• Scream4Cheese
      Scream4Cheese commented
      Editing a comment
      the respirator is held during the fit test when you get the call that you've been approved for hire and right after that you have your preemployment and the cotton swab will take place that same day, either one can come first.

• Guys a general question:
    How many academies are there throughout the whole year. Lets say i finish all the process. But for some reason i can not attend the current academy. Can I hold it for next or following academy?

Comment

• 2 per year until there's a freeze

Comment

• Azad33
        Azad33 commented
        Editing a comment
        Do u know during which months for the year 2 of them happens usually?

• CarpeDiem89
        CarpeDiem89 commented
        Editing a comment
        June and December

• How do u get into transportation unit in DOC? What equipments do Transportation Unit carry?

Comment

How do u get into transportation unit in DOC? What equipments do Transportation Unit carry?
        Wait for a opening after you complete probation must have a cdl. They carry a gun and handcuffs nothing special

Comment

• Felt like my oral went horribly.

Am I ducked?

Comment

• armypostal vet
            armypostal vet commented
            Editing a comment
            mines went bad to but i got hired. Its up to investigators division

• 12gang12
            12gang12 commented
            Editing a comment
            armypostal vet do you mean AIU as a whole?

Does the psych get placed into the application for someone else (ie Investigator or Commsioner or head psych) to read

• armypostal vet
            armypostal vet commented
            Editing a comment
            I assume so since investigator division goes though it

• what is the respirator test? and what is the cotton swab for

Comment

• Scream4Cheese
            Scream4Cheese commented
            Editing a comment
            the swab test is for the drug test. the respirator is just breathing with the mask on hooked to a machine that measures your breathing pattern.

• Officers First Live Radio Show https://www.facebook.com/rodney.mcqu...4165576001240/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6386 users online. 205 members and 6181 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X