Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone care to chime in on the Agility Test?

Comment

• Do you list the roommates/floormates you had during college for the DOC booklet under the "people who've resided with" section

Comment

• Scream4Cheese
        Scream4Cheese commented
        Editing a comment
        Speak to your investigator about it when you get assigned one.

• Originally posted by 12gang12 View Post
      Anyone care to chime in on the Agility Test?
      Easier than nypds , can watch the video on docs YouTube page

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_jay View Post
        Where in the contract does it say we are supposed to be on the wheel because I was told we are supposed to get steady tour.
        i didnt even think the wheel existed...most people coming out have a steady tour...the wheel makes it confusing and some dont show up to work casue of it...so they got rid of it in most places...

Comment

• Tammy_jay
          Tammy_jay commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I thought because in Rosie's we are still on the wheel, and I know for sure we're not suppose to be on it

• Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post

Easier than nypds , can watch the video on docs YouTube page
        Is it the exact jail house? Do they tell you when to turn? Not trying to go off the map

Comment

• Scream4Cheese
          Scream4Cheese commented
          Editing a comment
          I brought my backpack so I could leave my stuff inside and left my backpack by my seat when it was my turn to do the test. You can bring a ziploc bag with you and leave the stuff in there and see if someone or one of the officers will hold it for you until you finish the test.

• 12gang12
          12gang12 commented
          Editing a comment
          Scream4Cheese thanks!! What time did you arrive and what time did you leave?

Did the line move fairly quick? And did they have COs telling you when to turn?

• Scream4Cheese
          Scream4Cheese commented
          Editing a comment
          I went there an hour early and there were a lot of people lined up. I would suggest getting there 2 hours early. Once you're lined up, everyone moves in and lines up inside and proceeds upstairs one row at a time and everyone will be seated in the order they came in. First come first serve. If you come early, you will be one of the first ones to do the test and leave. I left around 10:30am. Don't worry about the test too much, there will be PT instructors who will guide everyone as to where to turn. Please watch the video if you haven't already done so.
          Last edited by Scream4Cheese; 08-02-2017, 11:46 AM.

• Has anyone recently had or has been scheduled for PE

Comment

• After passing probation is it hard getting into units? Firearm, K9, AIU, ESU?

Comment

After passing probation is it hard getting into units? Firearm, K9, AIU, ESU?
            I cant answer because im still on probation, but im assuming its not easy. Just focus on what you really want and go after it, dont stop until its yours.

Comment

After passing probation is it hard getting into units? Firearm, K9, AIU, ESU?
              Ftu is definitely one of the hardest units to get into, most people fail ESUs hell week . AIU and K9 would probably be the easiest out of the 4 you mentioned

Comment

• Stay Frosty
                Stay Frosty commented
                Editing a comment
                What about the communication unit ?

• 12gang12
                12gang12 commented
                Editing a comment
                Once you're in these units do you still work in the jails half the time? Or are you a full time "AIU" investigator

• Does anyone on the job now knows what it means when hmd says you don't have a return date to work the doctor will call you Monday. I banged in today because my eye was swollen and pinkish turns out I had an eye infection not pink eye. My doctor cleared me to go back tom but hmd says I cannot the doctor will call me Monday. No one will give me straight answers at hmd. Do I see the hmd doctor Monday and show my doctors note do I get cleared to go back or do they call me Monday and I have to go in the following day? Someone please shed some light.
              NYCDOC
              Exam 6315
              List 1xx
              Orientation 6/24/16
              Medical 6/30/16
              Cleared Medical review 9/16/16
              Met with my Investigator 9/22/16
              Written Psych 10/18/16
              Oral Psych 10/20/16
              Agility 11/19/16
              PE 12/8/16

Comment

• J2H
                J2H commented
                Editing a comment
                Shouldn't you be asking your supervisor this?

• Originally posted by Bronx_Rican View Post
              Does anyone on the job now knows what it means when hmd says you don't have a return date to work the doctor will call you Monday. I banged in today because my eye was swollen and pinkish turns out I had an eye infection not pink eye. My doctor cleared me to go back tom but hmd says I cannot the doctor will call me Monday. No one will give me straight answers at hmd. Do I see the hmd doctor Monday and show my doctors note do I get cleared to go back or do they call me Monday and I have to go in the following day? Someone please shed some light.
              LMAO you told them the wrong thing when u called out...pink eye is contagious...

Comment

• Communication would of been easy to get into a year ago even if you was on probation due to the fact that needed people to install the cameras by a dead line so if you had the experience they would of taken you

Comment

• Can you get tattoos while in academy?

Comment

• Nycle123
                    Nycle123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Deleted post..
                    Last edited by Nycle123; 08-08-2017, 08:22 AM.

• armypostal vet
                    armypostal vet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL im in academy now I'll have time to do it. Just got to do at work and before i get there and maybe as soon as I get home

• J2H
                    J2H commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I had to aquafor it 3 times a day, and keep it covered... I guess it depends on the academy... here in SC the local agencies won't allow uncovered tattoos below the elbow, they have to stay covered. When I was at the Army Civilian Police Academy, it was a Gentleman's club so we could do whatever as long as we were in class the next day, one guy got an entire sleeve done in 9 weeks.

• I'm doing some general information sheets. Could someone clarify on this sheet and what it is asking?

Phone numbers: please list all telephone numbers that are requested in the booklet and include their relationship with you?

Comment

• Scream4Cheese
                    Scream4Cheese commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Simply just write down all the phone numbers that you put in the booklet with names corresponding to those numbers and your relationship to you.

• Is the entire academy for recruits in John Jay now? If so then whats with metropolitan, is it for in service members only now?

Comment

• armypostal vet
                    armypostal vet commented
                    Editing a comment
                    all at john jay but u will have to go metro for some classes. Usually fire safety and defensive tactics and also first rikers visit u go there also.

• FP0704
                    FP0704 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok thanks.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10515 users online. 416 members and 10099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X