Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same thing with me .. took the exam late April and scored in the 90s and received a letter but nothing about orientation

Comment

• ammaclay91
      ammaclay91 commented
      Editing a comment
      They called me this morning i sent my letter back july 5 I am scheduled for orientation july 14

• 25ParisW
      25ParisW commented
      Editing a comment
      okay cool so they should calling me soon

• 25ParisW
      25ParisW commented
      Editing a comment
      i mailed mine back on Friday.

• Yea once they receive your letter that you sent back i think thats when they call you based upon what you answered on that letter. Which were just few questions

Comment

• How difficult is the captain exam?
      What should you really study?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammy_jay View Post
        How difficult is the captain exam?
        What should you really study?
        Everything, all the rules and regs, directives , teletypes , BOC minimum standards and boc health

Comment

• Should I arrive earlier than the 6:30 time for orientation?

Comment

• Originally posted by 12gang12 View Post
            Should I arrive earlier than the 6:30 time for orientation?
            yeah, i'd aim to be there about 45 minutes early just in case something happens

Comment

Should I arrive earlier than the 6:30 time for orientation?
              better to be early than late especially for the first day...but they dont start most of the time till everyone gets in but at least youll get a good seat

Comment

• Originally posted by twistedLtG View Post

better to be early than late especially for the first day...but they dont start most of the time till everyone gets in but at least youll get a good seat
                Is it first come first served once it begins?

what's the medical? Do I get butt nekid

Comment

• Scream4Cheese
                  Scream4Cheese commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The medical will require candidates to pass all the tests that will be performed that day. There will be a EKG, Vision and hearing, blood pressure, breathing test and you will need to strip down to your boxers if you're a guy for the doctor to check if you have a hernia in your testes. I dont know what they check for the females.

For the most part, if you come early for all the process you will be taken care of quicker. So first come first serve basis except for the written psychological test. Come an hour to an hour and half early to all of your appointments!

Is it first come first served once it begins?

what's the medical? Do I get butt nekid
                medical is first come first serve....but the orientation...they tell everyone the same thing so why would they repeat themselves theyll wait for everyone to come in and late comers they will have to ask around

Comment

• Any word on when and how big the next class will be. I'm impatiently waiting this current class coming out. The last one did nothing for overtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lurking6308 View Post
                    Any word on when and how big the next class will be. I'm impatiently waiting this current class coming out. The last one did nothing for overtime.
                    LMAO according to DOC the overtime was killed...i guess u cant trust the department to give u a straight answer when they hire and half of them quit cause they dont wanna deal with the lies they are taught in the academy. im sure the overtime wont die down even if u hire 20000 all at once

Comment

• joemama83
                      joemama83 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Damn, I hope OT doesn't get killed at some point. It's going to suck being stuck at 43,000 and change for a while. Especially living in NYC. I have the written in August and I'm traveling from out of state. No OT makes me not want to take the exam, lol.

• Anyone know how long does written and oral psych last?
                    Do they ever expire?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarpeDiem89 View Post
                      Anyone know how long does written and oral psych last?
                      Do they ever expire?
                      should be one year...but if you pass it...they wont make a big deal out of it...they only care if you failed it...

Comment

• What's the general information sheet for again?

Comment

• Scream4Cheese
                          Scream4Cheese commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It can be used for anything. Ask your investigator when you meet them.

• Where in the contract does it say we are supposed to be on the wheel because I was told we are supposed to get steady tour.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11939 users online. 467 members and 11472 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X