• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JBghai1356 View Post
    Lol pt in the academy is not hard
    Are you a fit person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trulyblessed View Post

Are you a fit person?
      The academy exercises are exertion exercises. You can be in top shape and still struggle. Don't stress yourself out. We did 200 push-ups then put on probe team equipment. Lol then had to run , put the equipment on and get in position in a 1 minute 40.

Comment

The academy exercises are exertion exercises. You can be in top shape and still struggle. Don't stress yourself out. We did 200 push-ups then put on probe team equipment. Lol then had to run , put the equipment on and get in position in a 1 minute 40.
        200 push up broken up thru the day or all at once?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marrero89 View Post

200 push up broken up thru the day or all at once?
          At once lol.

Comment

At once lol.
            How's the running like? I'm not worried really with push-ups sit-ups pull-ups any of that, just have to work on my stamina with running. How many miles per day/ at once is it usually ? Thanks

Comment

At once lol.
              Oh dam lol

Comment

• I am currently in the academy. Pretty much did everything. Going into the academy you don't and shouldn't have to worry about PT. PT is nothing, you exercise for like 20 mins at most and its just jumping jacks aka side shuttle hops, squats and running in place, etc. Its literally a joke. What you should worry about is the academic part and making sure that you have your stuff with you at all times. That's pretty much it. If you study, you will do fine. But PT is not and should not be your main worry some. This ain't no state trooper academy, state corrections or pd. So the PT won't come close to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by NyC_Hopeful2017 View Post
                  I am currently in the academy. Pretty much did everything. Going into the academy you don't and shouldn't have to worry about PT. PT is nothing, you exercise for like 20 mins at most and its just jumping jacks aka side shuttle hops, squats and running in place, etc. Its literally a joke. What you should worry about is the academic part and making sure that you have your stuff with you at all times. That's pretty much it. If you study, you will do fine. But PT is not and should not be your main worry some. This ain't no state trooper academy, state corrections or pd. So the PT won't come close to that.
                  Thank you. I feel at ease now lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JonathanW View Post

How's the running like? I'm not worried really with push-ups sit-ups pull-ups any of that, just have to work on my stamina with running. How many miles per day/ at once is it usually ? Thanks
                    It's not bad. You should be fine. Just focus on the test.

Comment

• I think that everyone should at least start trying to get some kind of working out on thier schedule. Why wait until the academy to start?
                      NYCDOC:

Exam: 6308/xXX
                      Orientation/Medical: April 2016
                      Met with investigator: May 2016
                      Injury: Shelved for 6 months
                      Cleared Medical Hold: November 2016
                      Met with investigator (Part 2): November 2016
                      Agility: December 2016
                      Written Psych: December 2016
                      Oral Psych: March 2017
                      Mini Med: April 2017
                      THE CALL: April 2017
                      PE: April 2017

Comment

1:40??? officer chyu only gave us 1:35!

Comment

• To ALL MOS: Try your BEST to attend Union Meetings. They're held every 3rd Wednesday of each month. Next one should be May 17th. Location: Ricardo's by the Bridge Astoria Queens. PLEASE ATTEND
                          "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

Comment

• So, hows OJT going recruits? I haven't read anything yet about your experiences. Just remember, the academy shields you from all the craziness while on OJT. The academy is great for learning the rules and regs of the department, but once you get in to the jails and they hand you the keys, thats when you learn the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer_Daniel View Post
                              To ALL MOS: Try your BEST to attend Union Meetings. They're held every 3rd Wednesday of each month. Next one should be May 17th. Location: Ricardo's by the Bridge Astoria Queens. PLEASE ATTEND
                              So you can hear the same crap over and over, the union is all talk. They haven't done anything for us and has let city hall strangle us.

Comment

• Deleted.....
                                Last edited by j5darkstone; 06-06-2017, 08:29 AM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11089 users online. 460 members and 10629 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X