300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOP Offer letter

How long after the panel interview does a successfull candidate recieve an offer letter of employment from BOP generally? The HR lady said I would find out by last week, but it has come and gone. Any time frame?

Thanks

I would wait a couple more days and if still nothing give them a call.

Comment

When I was hired (long time ago) I was interviewed at Milan, MI for a job out West. They told me if I didn't hear anything within two weeks I could have a job at Milan. I heard from the HRM within a week. I think it all depends on how badly they need officers, how many applied, how many positions as some here recently have been on the hiring list for various lengths of time before actually being picked up.

Comment

I interviewed in Early February 1992 and was offered a job on July 31, 1992.
        "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

Also depends on if the HRS goes on vacation while your paper work is being processed or transfers to another prison or quits. Mine transfered which caused a hold up. I interviewed in early july and started the job at the end of october. Also the offer letter says, or use to say, that you will attend training at glynco, ga within 60 days of hire. Plan on that 60 turning into 90 to 110 days. Good luck with the KGB gig.

Comment

Originally posted by nateljen80 View Post
            How long after the panel interview does a successfull candidate recieve an offer letter of employment from BOP generally? The HR lady said I would find out by last week, but it has come and gone. Any time frame?

Thanks
            Think of it this way dude, the bigger the wheels, the slower they turn. It took like 4-5 months from my first interview until I got the job, where as in the state it took like 2 months. Be patient. Good luck.
            "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

Well that answers my question, I got hired today.....................Now the hard part, parting with my current employer....................tear

Comment

Good luck in the KGB.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7484 users online. 373 members and 7111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X