300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brooklyn NY

I am looking at making the move from from NYDOC to the Feds.

does anyone know what the starting pay is for COs in brooklyn? I believe i will qualify for a 7... and how often are raises?

Any other info about Brooklyn BOP would be appreciated.

As far as Brooklyn you will make better money and retirement with NYC. That is why BOP has a recruitment problem (even before this current one) within the MCC and MDC's. They are located in major metro areas where the Local LE and Corrections Jobs pay better than in say Kentucky or West Virginia.

That said here is the scale for NYC. I have been retired for 2 years and unless they changed everyone gets brought in as a 5 or 6 step 1 unless prior Fed civilian service. Any case you will go to the next grade step 2 at your year and next grade and step OR same grade and next step if you max out at the 8 automatically now.

My suggestion if you want BOP get in and transfer around. They will promote a rock if its willing to transfer!

Good Luck

SALARY TABLE 2022-NY (LEO) (opm.gov)

Comment

I passed by MDC Brooklyn on the Gowanus Expressway and they had a huge sign displayed, “Now Hiring.”

Comment

Originally posted by GoldBadge View Post
        I passed by MDC Brooklyn on the Gowanus Expressway and they had a huge sign displayed, “Now Hiring.”
        "All are encouraged to apply. No drug test or poly required. Felony convictions okay. Gang tattoos acceptable. 420-friendly facility."

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

"All are encouraged to apply. No drug test or poly required. Felony convictions okay. Gang tattoos acceptable. 420-friendly facility."
          Lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3596 users online. 242 members and 3354 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X