Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LEOs in your house

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LEOs in your house

    I went to book a prisoner the other day at the local sheriff's office. While she was blowing...for her breath test...for her DUI..quit being perverted.

    Anyways while she was busy this trustee is yelling at one of the jailers. I mind my own business because its not my house. But I did look over at him since he was indeed yelling. He looks at me and goes "what are you looking at?" "ya mind your business". Having spent about 2 years in corrections myself I was ready to advance on him and take him down a peg or two (was just gonna chew on him not hit him or anything). But didn't want to step out of my bounds since he wasnt my prisoner and it wasnt my jail. Finally the jailer locked him down and he was back out with his "they are making me apologize" apology and was yapping again before I even left. Do the inmates at your jails give outside LE flak when they come to your jail? and if so how do you handle it? and how do you think I should have handled it?

  • #2
    We have LEOs that come on grounds to take our guys to court all the time. The inmates don't normally say much to them as they are the real police. you did fine, if you would have sank to his level there would have just been some more clean-up to do.
    I can't believe I do this for free!

    Comment


    • #3
      Sounds like you handled it just fine. the best thing I heard was from an Arkansas deputy once at my place that was picking up an I/M for a writ. The deputy told the I/M if you run I'll shoot you, If you look like your trying to run I'll shoot you and if I think your thinking about running I'll shoot you.

      This had me rolling laughing. But the I/M looked and me and asked " Sarge is this guy for real?" I said yes he has your paperwork so you belong to him now.
      It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

      Comment


      • #4
        I have two examples:

        First one was, an officer from one of our local PDs comes in to book a new arrestee. After booking his guy, he starts to jack up an arrestee that had already been booked in. Normally they say some funny $h!t, we all laugh and then they leave. This guy continued to jack up the inmate to the point where the inmate is mad and yelling at EVERYONE. Now the cop desides to leave, leaving us to have to deal with an annoying yelling inmate. NOT cool.

        but......

        A pair of officers from the same large local PD were waiting while their arestees were being processed. We hear one of our officers begin to struggle with an inmate just out of sight (around the corner, deeper into the facility). We responded and found that those two officer also responded to assist. It was refreshing to see another agency help us instead of just standing there watching. We are ALWAYS called out to outside our booking area to assist arresting officers with combative inmates. We do not have to go (as he is not in our facility or custody yet), but we always do. Those two guys will always have a pot of hot coffee waiting for them waiting if they want it.
        Noise Check!

        Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

        Comment


        • #5
          No. Our trutees or inmates do not give other agencies any flak. You did the right thing. In our jail, if a trustee (or any inmate for that matter) was to mouth off to a LEO from another agency, he would be on the express elevator to the SHU. We have situations where arresting officers call ahead to let us know when they are bringing in a combative arestee. When they arrive, we are waiting in the sallyport in force to let our new resident know that they are in our house now and stupidity will not be tolerated.
          "Either lead or get out of the way"

          Comment


          • #6
            When I used to walk into County sometimes the idiots in the holding cells might have something to say, but having been a CO before I went on the road I always had something to say that would shut them up quick.

            I am back as a CO, I like it better than being on the road I get into way more stuff inside.
            the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TX_CO View Post
              When I used to walk into County sometimes the idiots in the holding cells might have something to say, but having been a CO before I went on the road I always had something to say that would shut them up quick.

              I am back as a CO, I like it better than being on the road I get into way more stuff inside.
              ah the good ole days

              Comment


              • #8
                uj

                About a year ago we had a I/M intentionally vomit on a dea agents leg. It was one of this inmates many talents. He could vomit any time he wanted to. (true story)

                The I/Ms are always causing the C/Os problems. Why would anyone from the outside get any better? Just be happy you get to leave after the booking.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SheriffJailer1 View Post
                  No. Our trutees or inmates do not give other agencies any flak. You did the right thing. In our jail, if a trustee (or any inmate for that matter) was to mouth off to a LEO from another agency, he would be on the express elevator to the SHU. We have situations where arresting officers call ahead to let us know when they are bringing in a combative arestee. When they arrive, we are waiting in the sallyport in force to let our new resident know that they are in our house now and stupidity will not be tolerated.

                  Same as what we do.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    We knocked the back of SEG out with any inmate that run his head to a visitor. Very disrespectful and shows a lack of inamte supervision.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SheriffJailer1 View Post
                      No. Our trutees or inmates do not give other agencies any flak. You did the right thing. In our jail, if a trustee (or any inmate for that matter) was to mouth off to a LEO from another agency, he would be on the express elevator to the SHU. We have situations where arresting officers call ahead to let us know when they are bringing in a combative arestee. When they arrive, we are waiting in the sallyport in force to let our new resident know that they are in our house now and stupidity will not be tolerated.

                      ...same here also.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        At the Facility I work at in General outside LEOS are only there long enough to pick up or drop off now we have a few exceptions that are "High Risk" particularly one that is not only a High Profile here but also tends to be combative we almost Force Celled him once just so he could/would goto court, the Sheriffs Dept. transporting him sends a 3 vehicle escort "just in case" because of his history of violence.

                        EDCF_COI

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Where I'm at the only I/M that outside LE deals with are either in Reception and Dispatch or in the visiting room on official business. No running heads.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by EDCF_COI View Post
                            At the Facility I work at in General outside LEOS are only there long enough to pick up or drop off now we have a few exceptions that are "High Risk" particularly one that is not only a High Profile here but also tends to be combative we almost Force Celled him once just so he could/would goto court, the Sheriffs Dept. transporting him sends a 3 vehicle escort "just in case" because of his history of violence.

                            EDCF_COI
                            Good to see you're still around.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yeah I've been lurking because of lack of time available online. Short staff been working 6 - 7 days a week.

                              EDCF_COI

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4270 users online. 207 members and 4063 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X