300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nyc

Hey NYC DOC People Whats the word is anyone alive out there. Lets touch base and leave your lastest info. I will even give you a topic to continue with. We should be getting a new contract over the next few weeks. Probably something simular to the FDNY (around 8%) but hopefully without the givebacks (6 vacation days) that would put us at almost 70 a year add night diff, longevity pay ,holiday pay, uniform pay and OT 80 and change should be there for the taking.

Hopefully we can get something going here, The NYS state guys make a little less than that and also have 5 more years to work than us. and they keep the threads going for months, you cant shut them up. LOL!! im kidding NYS i have noted before you guys are deep on this board and have allot of ongoing threads. Hopefully NYC can follow suit.

Thanks
    Be safe

Carlito

Carlgotti, its all good, the class is in late July early Aug. I spoke to my inv. everything is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by carlgotti View Post
      Hey NYC DOC People Whats the word is anyone alive out there. Lets touch base and leave your lastest info. I will even give you a topic to continue with. We should be getting a new contract over the next few weeks. Probably something simular to the FDNY (around 8%) but hopefully without the givebacks (6 vacation days) that would put us at almost 70 a year add night diff, longevity pay ,holiday pay, uniform pay and OT 80 and change should be there for the taking.

Hopefully we can get something going here, The NYS state guys make a little less than that and also have 5 more years to work than us. and they keep the threads going for months, you cant shut them up. LOL!! im kidding NYS i have noted before you guys are deep on this board and have allot of ongoing threads. Hopefully NYC can follow suit.

Thanks
      Be safe

Carlito
      Thats because everybody loves NYS Corrections guys. WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED!!
      If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Nys

You guys are cool i have to admit some of you would probably be a snap to work with. And the posts are funny. You have one that has been going for forever that Headed to NYS academy thread, the guy that started that is ready to retire soon. LOL

Comment

gotti than what are you waiting for? Rikers is for the birds come up north and you get a sn***y bus driveresq uniform, low pay, and annoying inmates. YOU CAN'T LOSE!!
          If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

hold up....NYC DOC officers makes more money than NYS DOC...? i need someone to clarify that

Comment

Salary

You would have to ask a NYS guy what their salary structure is , Im not sure But in NYC we make right now 63,000 after 5 and half years. That is not including Night differential, Holiday Pay, Longevity Pay, Uniform allowance, and Of course OT. Go to one of the many NYS threads and inquire about their pay.

Comment

NYC Corrections DOES make more than the State CO's -- A LOT more. I have 18 years on the job and I make a base salary of 55k. Ask a CO with the city what they make with 18 years on
                New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

5 years

To me the money is one thing, But most co's from the state live upstate so 55 base up in orange county for instance goes far. But those extra 5 years to me is the thing I would fight for before the money. In Nyc as of right now we make about 6 grand a year more than NYPD. (soon to change they have 2 contracts coming up) But NYS Police make like 20 grand more than you...That Sucks...
                  I guess I would fight for the money too after all thats a big difference
                  Last edited by carlgotti; 06-10-2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Real Estate....

Sorry City Brothers....need to pop off in here for a minute.

You guys should make more money than us, I agree. Where else are you going to pay $1500 a month so that you can eat/sleep/live in a closet??!! LOL....the real estate there is crazy!!

No thanks....My 1500 sq. ft. townhouse at $600 a month is great!! If I lived/born in NYC and went Corrections for a career...I would definitely go state and get the he** out of there.

Tell me you don't agree with me?!?!?
                    Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Townhouse

I was looking for a townhouse in the NYC area, Insane is all I can say. They have a new community under the whitestone bridge on the Bronx side done buy a builder who has done really nice stuff in Long Island, and Queens. It is a nice community facing the Manhattan skyline on one side, and a Runway for Laguardia airport on the other. (very noisy)

and giant clubhouse with indoor and outdoor pool, a gym and a community room for private parties were included in the community. They wanted 475,000 for a 3 bedroom 1200 square foot home. So the wife and I passed.

a run down falling apart house in the worst neighborhood in the Bronx is like half a mill now you know things are bad. But I will still take the citys 20 and out anyday, my current neighbor is an NYPD officer 19 years still a patrolman and he made 94,000 last year with not that much overtime. and we make as of right now 6 grand more basepay. (soon to change)
                      Last edited by carlgotti; 06-10-2007, 05:47 PM.

Comment

That is crazy.....what is another 5 years of work. The amount of money you would save going state, and moving north into cheaper/nicer digs would be well worth staying in 5 more years. Especially the cushy jobs that guys with 20 years can get in any state prison anywhere! LOL....not dissing you guys, but I do not envy you and the real estate prices there! You guys must be getting paid mucho boku!! Good Luck City Boys!!
                        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5973 users online. 356 members and 5617 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X