300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Hilton

Just heard on the news that Paris Hilton has been released from jail after severing only 3 days of her 23 day sentence. No word yet as to exactly why.

I can understand the need to have her in a special housing unit. We are after all charged with the safety of inmates and she would be a huge target. I'd also heard a report that her cell mate was preselected and she had been given a panic button.

All this attention has made me wonder, at what point does it go from necessary security precautions for such high profile inmates to special treatment?

IMHO any special arrangements should have been made solely for the purpose of maintaining the security of the facility and safeguarding the inmate. My spider sense is tingling with the feeling that this may not have been 100% true in this case. Take a high profile celebrity inmate mix in a few high priced lawyers and a dash of a googly eyed star struck justice system and you get a 45 day sentence slashed to 23 days of which you only have to serve 3 days.

Smells of special treatment to me.

What do you think, and have you ever had a high profile inmate at your facility and did he/she receive any special treatment other than what was necessary to maintain security?
    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Originally posted by Bowles View Post
    Just heard on the news that Paris Hilton has been released from jail after severing only 3 days of her 23 day sentence. No word yet as to exactly why.

I can understand the need to have her in a special housing unit. We are after all charged with the safety of inmates and she would be a huge target. I'd also heard a report that her cell mate was preselected and she had been given a panic button.

All this attention has made me wonder, at what point does it go from necessary security precautions for such high profile inmates to special treatment?

IMHO any special arrangements should have been made solely for the purpose of maintaining the security of the facility and safeguarding the inmate. My spider sense is tingling with the feeling that this may not have been 100% true in this case. Take a high profile celebrity inmate mix in a few high priced lawyers and a dash of a googly eyed star struck justice system and you get a 45 day sentence slashed to 23 days of which you only have to serve 3 days.

Smells of special treatment to me.

What do you think, and have you ever had a high profile inmate at your facility and did he/she receive any special treatment other than what was necessary to maintain security?
    This definitely smells of special treatment. We have inmates on keep away orders and they don't get released early. Their lives are in real danger from known threats. I work in a County jail and if we have a high profile inmate, they are put in PC or sent to a facility in another county. I can't wait to watch the news conference today explaining the reason for the early release. I also can't wait to see the news video coverage of her and her BFF's out clubbing tonight. All of it explaining how traumitized and repentent she is now. In my opinion, all this has shown this primadonna is that when you have enough money and celebrity status, the laws don't apply. I just hope she doesn't kill someone the next time she drives under the influence. I know it will happen again, it's only a matter of time. I'm done ranting now, sorry if I went off topic.
    "Either lead or get out of the way"

Comment

I have seen it quite a few times. You must remember we live in a split society. You have people with money and power, and then you have everyone else. Rich people don't do hard time, nor are they subject to the same rules as everyone else. Many Cheif's, Sheriff's, and State attorneys are in their position because they know someone. They are not about to risk their position to punish some rich girl. If she was the average person she would do jail time in General Population and go pay some big fines. It's not right but that's how it is.

Comment

I have not seen any special treatment among any of our inmates. But we did have a highly political guy in jail for 100 days. I am sure he received special treatment.

I think Hollywood is going to turn this Paris Hilton thing into a movie within the next 2-3 years. Explaining how much stressful it was on her, how sick being a jail bird is.

Comment

Whole thing makes me sick! I was so pumped about her going to jail!!

They are saying that it was a medical condition, that got her out of jail and onto ankle bracelet. But if you go back, and read some reports from Tuesday, you will see that Paris was not eating the food, and was really withdrawn! Heck...we have those types; they are called Bugs and need to go to the Bug unit, not home on elec. monitoring.

Ehh...you ask me, daddy paid L.A. some $$ in exchange for this. In 2-3 months you will see an unveiling of plans for the "Paris Hilton Alcohol and Sub. Abuse Treatment Facility" based out of Los Angeles and set in some Posh neighborhood....LOL!

IMHO...like it is in corrections, it's not who you know! It's who you...b*ow! That is one lucky L.A. Sheriff, though, if you ask me. Heck, I wouldn't have said no!! LOL.....
          Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

I read on foxnews that she developed a rash and her hair was a mess. Well go see medical for the rash. When you get out of jail, daddy will pay all this money to get your hair back to the way it was.

Hell she is getting drunk in her house right now. I bet you, she is slamming down beers on a bracelet. I sure hope there is conditions on her release that we don't know. Any one from that area to shed some light onto this.

Comment

They are now saying that it was a mental health issue. Mighty convenient that she was visited by her personal psychiatrist yesterday.
              At my facility (State) all visitors must submit an application and be approved before they can visit. Naturally lawyers need only schedule an appointment, but I have never seen or heard of an inmate receiving a visit from their personal shrink.

She wasn't eating, Oh My God! She's the first inmate to ever think of this! Our secret is out boys! As soon as word of this spreads to the rest of the inmate population we're all gonna be outta work!
              Last edited by Bowles; 06-07-2007, 03:37 PM. Reason: spelling doh!
              Be sure you're right, then go ahead
              Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
              If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Special treatment? gee...ya think?
                Jerry
                "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bowles View Post
                  As soon as word of this spreads to the rest of the inmate population we're all gonna be outta work!
                  I don't think that is possible, if one inmate leaves/dies there bed will be filled by supper.

Comment

I hear a photo of her in prison garb is worth 500,000.00 If I was an LA Sheriff, I would have sneaked a camera in, yelled to Hilton "HEY PARIS!,CLICK!" than went up front to turn in my badge. Go outside and wait for the bucks to rain in...

ahh just kidding...
                    If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

LASD Sheriff, Lee Baca himself signed off on her release.

In a unrelated news report, Sheriff Lee Baca of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department had both of his testicles removed yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                        LASD Sheriff, Lee Baca himself signed off on her release.

In a unrelated news report, Sheriff Lee Baca of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department had both of his testicles removed yesterday.
                        According to Fox News.....the City PA wants Baca's testicles for doing that.....and is in the process of having him called before the Judge and explain his actions....and why he violated the Judge's orders.....

Opps......

Comment

I also heard that this Sheriff is the same one that got Mel Gibson out of trouble a feel years back. I wonder if he is running again for office.

Comment

I saw on the news that the L.A. County Attorney set up a hearing for today to have the Primadonna sent back to jail. I guess public outcry really does work. Watching the news yesterday, I could not believe how many people were outraged at her being released. I also did not know that the Sheriff could change an inmates commitment without a judge's approval. I hope it isn't an election year for the Sheriff because if it is, he may have to take a new job as the head of her personal protection detail. Then he can babysit her at all her psych appointments. I think the judge is going to put her back behind bars because the Sheriff made his department look substandard with regards to medical care and it appears to give special treatment to the celebrities.

Note; The news is reporting that the judge wants to put the Sheriff behind bars for contempt. I hope whatever backroom deal was cut for her release was worth it to him.
                            Last edited by SheriffJailer1; 06-08-2007, 09:02 AM.
                            "Either lead or get out of the way"

Comment

Originally posted by SheriffJailer1 View Post
                              I saw on the news that the L.A. County Attorney set up a hearing for today to have the Primadonna sent back to jail. I guess public outcry really does work. Watching the news yesterday, I could not believe how many people were outraged at her being released. I also did not know that the Sheriff could change an inmates commitment without a judge's approval. I hope it isn't an election year for the Sheriff because if it is, he may have to take a new job as the head of her personal protection detail. Then he can babysit her at all her psych appointments. I think the judge is going to put her back behind bars because the Sheriff made his department look substandard with regards to medical care and it appears to give special treatment to the celebrities.

Note; The news is reporting that the judge wants to put the Sheriff behind bars for contempt. I hope whatever backroom deal was cut for her release was worth it to him.
                              Well the Sheriff hung his own self, he should have known better than to go against a Judge's ruling.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4356 users online. 225 members and 4131 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X