300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jefferson County CO

Can anyone tell me if working at Jefferson County co Department Certified Detention Deputy Sheriff worth it??

Colorado i assume?

i applied to them. Ive heard good things.

Have you applied yet?

Comment

I’ve dealt with them a lot when I did transport for another county, and a former co worker worked in their jail for a while and now works the road for them. Good department, good reputation, decent pay, pretty good facility.

Their Sheriff is having a squabble with the county commissioners, so his budget has been cut significantly. They had to early release a bunch of inmates and close a couple floors of the jail, but they are down to the point where natural attrition means they are hiring again.
      Last edited by tanksoldier; 12-04-2020, 09:14 PM.
      "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Interesting. Yeah They are hiring about 10-15 people I heard.

I just finished my interview panel on Tuesday and now have a polygraph test next week. The interview didn't seem like an interview, sure they asked all the questions but it just seemed they were very approachable (via computer screen) When the interview was over I felt confident that I portrayed myself in a positive light.
      Question though, at detentions do the Deputy Sheriff's wear body armor etc??
      I hope I get a start with Jefferson, Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I have polygraph and fingerprints this Tuesday. I wouldn't mind getting on with jefferson this is my second time trying to get on with them. I would assume they wear some type of body armor

All testing for Jefferson County is complete, The last email from Jeffco stated that they are looking at a March 1 2021 start date, but as yet I still haven't heard anything. I would love to give some sort of notice to my current employer. Not sure if I should email the recruiter or just sit and wait.

Comment

• Iamkre8
        Iamkre8 commented
        Editing a comment
        Email them

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4653 users online. 278 members and 4375 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X