300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm to go or not to go

I was on a Motorcycle run today and my county's Sheriff was there, so I talked with him on the stops. He basically told me to apply, and he would probably have a job opening in the county jail for me. However where I work at now is right next door to the county jail. I really don't want to **** off my current employer, but the benefits are so much better in the county Sheriff.

So should be a traitor and swap uniforms?

"Probably" is a big part of the Sheriff's answer. If a job does appear, carefully consider your options and what you truly want. Doing what is right for yourself and your future isn't being a traitor.

Comment

Always do what's best for you and your family. If that labels you as a traitor then so be it.
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

It's not being a traitor, it happens all the time for many of the same reasons: better benefits, salary, pay, etc. Family first, then the employer. Nothing wrong with looking out for #1.

Comment

Not knowing what you do now, becoming a part of the LE family is something to be proud of. Starting at the corrections level is where most PO start, then move up (easier to get in that way)
          Here we have to take a civil servis test, the jobs aren't just offered. I say if you can get in do it, you'll never regret it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3163 users online. 190 members and 2973 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X