300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS DOC .38s?

Do NY State CO's still carry .38's when working outside the walls?

Not long ago I saw some state COs bringing an inmate to court, and they were wearing the most antiquated looking sidearms Ive ever seen. This was suprising since I would imagine that NYS Correctional Officers guard some of the most hardened criminals in the country.

we carry bazookas now..get close to our cons and BOOM! thats all she wrote
    If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

It's true!

It's true...we carry a 6-shot S&W .38. But that is because the state believes it's officers are dumb and could not clear a jam in a 9mm or what have you! With the .38 it is load, fire, reload. Easy and quick! Besides....if we shot an inmate, you would not believe how much paperwork we would have to do! Add to that being placed on rubber-gun squad, and a departmental investigation!! It is actually less paperwork if you let him escape!!

Ehh....the .38 is only for eye candy anyways. Hell! We took an inmate to the hospital this morning, and WE FORGOT THE WEAPON! I rode in the back of the ambulance, and the officer in the chase vehicle was on his 1st trip ever!! He was supposed to grab the weapon from the Arsenal, but forgot it. We get to the hospital, I look for the sidearm...he thinks I have it, I think he has it!!! WHOOPS!! Oh well....heck, who cares......the crook died anyways, so it's not like I was scared he was going to escape! ANOTHER ONE OFF THE COUNT, and another one to take his spot tomorrow!!
      Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoia_Agent View Post
        that NYS Correctional Officers guard some of the most hardened criminals in the country.
        LOL!! HA!! Hardened was when they were on the streets, living in refrigerator boxes, eating out of hubcaps, and stealing our money!!!

Our inmates are nothing but a bunch of money-making POP-TARTS!! Soft in the middle, guarded by the Liberal NYS government, and can grieve everything-n-everyone!!!

I h8 Inmates, Parolees, Crooks, Cons, Greenies and anything else that does not wear blue, gray, or white behind the walls in NYS!! Can you tell!
        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Besides, when was the last time we actually SHOT an inmate trying to escape? The .38's are visual deterrent is my guess.
          New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989 View Post
            Besides, when was the last time we actually SHOT an inmate trying to escape? The .38's are visual deterrent is my guess.
            Oh Oh can I answer!! Ummm.....a very long time ago!!! Heck, Auburn's escapee never took a bullet. They just waited for his asthma to kick in, and let the Sheriff's find him sitting on side of road!! Pathetic......woulda put two to the back of his head at close range if it was me!

Comment

Ha, we still carry S&W .357 Mag Revolvers here in Texas.

They go bang everytime and are virtually idiot proof, I would prefer to carry my Sig but the Agency still likes wheel guns, antiquated or not it will still kill you dead and you have to be a better shot as you only get 6 chances.
              Last edited by TX_CO; 06-04-2007, 06:16 PM.
              the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

NC DOC still had .38 S&W model 64s until the last quarter of last year. Then the switch came to the S&W M&P40.

I work for probation and parole, which is still under DOC, we had 3" S&W .357 Magnum revolvers until November (of course we carried .38 Special ammo, so why the bothered to get .357s is beyond me) then we made the switch to the M&P.
                -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them"-Felix

Comment

I'm sorry....no matter how idiot-proof our weapons are. There has got to be a better model that we in NYS can upgrade too. We have inmates who have been shot by weapons 10x's worse than our .38's. They survived, and laugh about our weaponry. Give me a Desert Eagle.....I bet that would shut their man-pleaser's!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3716 users online. 241 members and 3475 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X