300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding Hooch

Can anyone give me some tell tale signs to look for in inmates when it comes to finding hooch? My housing unit is all kitchen workers, and I do my cell searches I mostly find bad hotpots and stingers, but I'm sure there has got to be some alcohol being made on the block. Anyone with time on the job got any hints or tips...please PM me. thanks.
    If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Smells are the biggest factor... the hooche we get here is made from citrus fruit mostly, but any will do. Smell large amounts of fruit you may have the starting stages of hooche. If you got a real rotten fruit smell then you got older brewing hooche.

On commissary nights keep note of who ordered two or three bowls and tumblers, large amounts of sugar packets or fruit punch packets.

Also; depending on your type of unit, fruit flies will go to any source of fruit. if you notice large amounts flying around say a trash can and the liner is new you might want to check it out.

Thats what I look for and I hope it helps.
    Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

Don't look for the finished product. Go to the source young jedi. Look for sources of heat that cook the pruno. Clothes dryers, dish washers, etc. Also when doing shakedowns or doing your general walk and talks see who likes fruit the most. Then follow that drunk with your eyes. He will take you to the finest jailhouse Jack Daniel's a stakeholder can cook.

And sugar. Guys who have lots of sugar packets or sugar in general in containers. Another tell tale sign.
      Last edited by SHU; 05-31-2007, 12:26 PM. Reason: sugar

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
        Don't look for the finished product. Go to the source young jedi. Look for sources of heat that cook the pruno. Clothes dryers, dish washers, etc. Also when doing shakedowns or doing your general walk and talks see who likes fruit the most. Then follow that drunk with your eyes. He will take you to the finest jailhouse Jack Daniel's a stakeholder can cook.
        Yep. The ones who like to have a couple of oranges, bananas, whatever sitting in the window for a day or two are your best canidates.

Check beneath the trash can liners. Block workers are often the ones who are the brewers, and keep it stashed below the liners. Smell can be "explained away" easier if it is coming from the trash.

Comment

also check the kitchen. we had some guys cooking it in the dishwasher housing. also above the dishwaher with the steam exit lines cooks good.
          we had one guy use the motor in the drinking fount to cook.
          also look for guys that take a lot of bread or rolls or bearclaws and stuff
          for the yeast.(and sugar). and as stated watch for fruit. our guys used
          apples alot. one guy tried to use pototes.
          good hunting.

Comment

Thanks for the help. Granted I'm already a year and a half on the job, but i don't even pretend to know everything.
            If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

I found a large bad hidden in the shower area once. They hit it under their soap holder. Wouldn't it have been a shame for soap chips to have fallen in the pruno bag?
              Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Q, we found it the other night in the kitchen it was a bottle of bbq sauce in a locker which sucked because it is in a common area. I dunno if it was hooch but it damn well looked like it and the contents inside fizzed out all over the place when we opened it.
                Incarceration is and in itself a form of punishment
                Car Ramroad

I'm more afraid of being nothing, than I am of being hurt

My views are in no way associated with the views of NYS or DOCS and anything that may seem that way is purely coincidental

Comment

1.They will put it in a garbage can then put the bag in.
                  2.Empty shampoo bottles,or any container
                  3.mop closets
                  4.Bury it on the rec yard.
                  5.Open pop bathrooms in the pipe chases.
                  6.All over the kitchen
                  7.Onions,fruit,rice,bread are all used

And when you find it walk around the dorm and pour it out so they can smell it,expecially if its a hot day. Allways check 1 week before holidays youll find alot.....
                  IM A CORRECTIONAL OFFICER NOT A #$%^&* PRISON GUARD.

Comment

Where I worked the inmates loved to keep their empty peanut butter jars and the empty Kool Aid containers. They usually make their soups in em but if they are empty and they don't have the original contents, well that is contraband so I threw the stuff out. Look in the containers, you'll find the oranges (which is the main fruit we used) floating inside the Kool Aid containers with juice already in there. That's pretty much the way they made and make it in our facility. Of course, they also seem to get ahold of crack, cigarettes, and God knows what else but I'm pretty sure we can thank some crooked and weak Deputies for that.
                    Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Check up over the ceiling tiles if you have drop ceilings. ALWAYS assume that any liquid containing fruit and vegetable matter is being turned and ALWAYS look for yeast and or nutmeg. Often times kitchen inmates get access to spices. They prefer nutmeg because the high is fast, rather significant and it usually isn't tested for.
                      Knowledge is not power; the application of knowledge can be!

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                        Where I worked the inmates loved to keep their empty peanut butter jars and the empty Kool Aid containers.
                        A couple of years ago a officer in Tennessee was killed by an inmate's wife (?) during an escape. The inmate coordinated his escape with a cell phone he had hidden in a peanut butter jar. Since then peanut butter jars have been hard to come by in this part of the world. But you're right, anything they can use they will use.
                        Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                        Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                        If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog5485 View Post
                          Q, we found it the other night in the kitchen it was a bottle of bbq sauce in a locker which sucked because it is in a common area. I dunno if it was hooch but it damn well looked like it and the contents inside fizzed out all over the place when we opened it.

Bulldog, good job man...But I'm almost 100% positive its on the housing unit. Tonight, i noticed a quantity of apples in an inmates cell and I've been checking all containers especially food containers used or new. I've been tossing cells pretty heavy lately, But the guys whose cells I want to get into via random cell search never seems to come up.

Comment

What the hell is a "random cell search?" Put em in the shower and go look :P

You mean to tell me you need a reason to go in the cell? Hell.. I am in there almost everyday we run showers or yard.

To hell with a reason.
                            OkieCory

Comment

dude....

This is New York man were talking about...Liberal Central

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3889 users online. 184 members and 3705 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X