Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All private owned prisons suck. they are so soft, it's like a vaction. Probably 99.5% of their adminstration has no corrections experience.

Comment

That's what a Liberty County Sheriff Deputy told me since they have an entirely privatized county jail run by CCA. Granted, that's great for any peace officer who wants to just hit the road and not wait forever in a year like I did....but he told me the guards are worthless and the inmates act like they are in a paradise hotel.
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
        That's what a Liberty County Sheriff Deputy told me since they have an entirely privatized county jail run by CCA. Granted, that's great for any peace officer who wants to just hit the road and not wait forever in a year like I did....but he told me the guards are worthless and the inmates act like they are in a paradise hotel.
        That sounds like inmates in the typical federal prison.
        "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

These so called "co's" in private jails..they have no LEO credentials is that correct?? What happens if an Inmate escapes while in transit on a CCA transport??
          If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by hankrearden2000 View Post
            True but, that institution is not typical of CCA. The reason salaries are so high at CCA Leavenworth is because they have a contract with the US Marshals Service. Federal law requires that contractors for the federal government pay the prevailing wage for the local area.
            Hell if that's prevailing wage in the area, then how come 1 mile down the road I'm making 7 bucks less an hour?

Comment

Good question. You have a union don't you? It lobbies the legislature doesn't it?

CCA in most areas start COs in the $7.50 to $10 an hour range.
              "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

CCA at Leavenworth starts folks at the 17-20 an hour range....I know that for a fact....

Comment

IMHO I don't think the state or Fed. govt. should allow private prisons. Their pay sucks in most places. Lets not forget about the almost non-existent background checks. And some of them are so far from professional that it isn't funny. From most of my I/M's that have done time at a private say that the I/M's run it. Now I know this is true most everywhere because of numbers i.e. I/M's to officer ratio. But when I hear that the staff is letting the I/M's do whatever they want it makes me sick.
                  It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

Good question. You have a union don't you? It lobbies the legislature doesn't it?

Our union is a joke. Every facility in the state has a different union. It's pointless.

Comment

Yeah, that is pointless.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5003 users online. 257 members and 4746 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X