• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you have a CCW?

Do you carry concealed outside of Work?

Yes. I carry on creds.

Comment

I have a CHL and carry outside of work, my agency ID is useless except for getting me in and out of the unit. The only way to carry off duty for CO's is get your CHL.

My ID looks the same as the wardens secretary,mail clerks and HR peoples, it doesn't indicate our position within the agency.
      the only true rehabilitation starts with a needle............

Comment

I carry outside of work also. But then again I am CLEET certified as a peace officer also. Thank goodness for CERT.
        It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

I carry under the LEOSA of 2004, and I also have a Non-Resident Florida permit and a Pennsylvania permit. In Missouri it's better to have a CCW even if you are authorized to carry through the job because it allows you to carry more than just a handgun, and should you inadvertently carry into a prohibited place the punishment is only an infraction rather than a felony.
          "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

I have a CCW also.....I carry everywhere I can. I am amazed how many Criminals go out on probation and parole here in idaho.

Comment

I have a CCW and sometimes carry away from work, sometimes not. If I'm traveling or fishing, I have at least something with me.

Comment

I am a concealed weapon, inside of my amazingly sculpted Greek face and body, sleeps a hurricane that no parolee dare face....hmmmm, I better pray for forgiveness on a lie that bad.

I'm too young to carry a concealed wep myself.

Comment

I have a Texas CHL and carry most of the time away from work. Usually it is just in easy access while in my vehicle, but sometimes often depending on where I am going I will actually carry on my person.
                  I like the idea of being able to defend my wife and I, if I ever needed to. One of the biggest benefits of having a CHL is the ease of which you can make a firearm purchase. It does save several minutes usually wasted on paperwork.
                  Road Captain
                  Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

I'm one of those guys that dont carry. 10 yrs as a CO. 7 yrs now as a PO. I never carry. Knock on wood, in nearly 2 decades of LE, never needed my firearm off-duty. If I had a smaller firearm, I'd probably carry more often. Issued firearm is too big for conceal carry. At least during the warmer months, when not wearing alot of clothes.

Comment

I work Pre-Trial Detention and I have my CCW. One of the downsides of P-T is that you'll be fighting a guy in intake one day, and then see him on the street the next. Not only that, but I also live in the "hood" of my county. My little .40 is always with me.
                      Magistrate: "Do you have any other pending charges?"
                      Drunk: "Well there's this thing where the cops said I spit blood on them."
                      Me: "Wait a minute, that was me!"
                      Drunk: "Oh... now you like me even less."

Comment

CCW for me
                        OkieCory

Comment

Carry on my creds, USP .40, Smith & Wesson Chief's special model 64 .38, or my Taurus PT111. Carry about 90% of the time
                          Incarceration is and in itself a form of punishment
                          Car Ramroad

I'm more afraid of being nothing, than I am of being hurt

My views are in no way associated with the views of NYS or DOCS and anything that may seem that way is purely coincidental

Comment

I Have A Ccw Lic For Out Of State

I Carry On My Badge In State When Off Duty. But For Out Of State Ccw I Need My Ccw Lic Since The Federal Leosa Ccw Law Doesen't Specifically Cover C/o's.
                            That Needs To Be Changed!!!!!
                            Erik M. Asher
                            1911 builder, FPOA/NRA competition shooter.
                            Army veteran 13M (Desert Storm 90-91)
                            State Correctional [email protected] GULF CI (Forestry Camp)

Comment

Originally posted by 1991gulfwarvet View Post
                              I Carry On My Badge In State When Off Duty. But For Out Of State Ccw I Need My Ccw Lic Since The Federal Leosa Ccw Law Doesen't Specifically Cover C/o's.
                              That Needs To Be Changed!!!!!
                              I agree with you 100%
                              It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4581 users online. 254 members and 4327 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X