300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone feel like moving?

We are in need of correctional officers. Preferably those already with a TCLEOSE Jailer license, but we will hire without it. Starting pay is like $14.83 an hour and goes up from there. We are getting badly short handed and need some good people.
    I am not a recruiter, nor do I have anything to do with the hiring process.
    I am just a supervisor who is getting stressed out by working short handed.
    It is a great agency to work for, to be honest. The pay is fair, the benefits are great and there is always room for advancement. They are also big on people furthering their education and provide many courses to help do this.
    We average about 200-250 inmates but fluctuate a bit.
    This is in the Southeast Texas area.

Anyone....anyone?
    Road Captain
    Blue Knights TX XIX

Don't forget about the tornados that come to remodel your house once a year...lol.
    Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Actually, it's tropical storms you have to worry about in that part of Texas.

Does Orange County have a website?
      "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

I think there is a website but the last time it was updated was like 2002.
        Road Captain
        Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

Blue Knight, Do you know if Texas takes Laterals from Florida?

Comment

Hey Knight, you think you got it bad, if you were a supervisor at my county you'd be an alcoholic chain smoking meth user We're creeping up on 1200 inmates and nowhere near the staff needed to effectively run the facility.
            Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Originally posted by FLORIDACO1 View Post
              Blue Knight, Do you know if Texas takes Laterals from Florida?
              I can't speak for other agencies, but our won't. Previous experience is a big plus, but you wouldn't plug in any higher than bottom rung.
              Road Captain
              Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                Hey Knight, you think you got it bad, if you were a supervisor at my county you'd be an alcoholic chain smoking meth user
                Well, one out of two ain't bad anyway.
                Road Captain
                Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

Originally posted by JSD73 View Post
                  Hey Knight, you think you got it bad, if you were a supervisor at my county you'd be an alcoholic chain smoking meth user We're creeping up on 1200 inmates and nowhere near the staff needed to effectively run the facility.
                  1200? Thats it? Were at 2200 and hurting like mad for officers. One shift Sgt came by with a paper schedule and for the entire month he had at least 3 slots for OT...

I think mandantory will be heading my way soon.
                  Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkansas Red View Post
                    1200? Thats it? Were at 2200 and hurting like mad for officers. One shift Sgt came by with a paper schedule and for the entire month he had at least 3 slots for OT...

I think mandantory will be heading my way soon.

3? Hell, last year we were getting 10-15 people mandatoried a day. We work a rotating work 3 off 3, work 4 off 4. One week I got mandatoried twice on a 3 day off week. THAT SUCKED. Thank god for the recent academys!! We usually have 5-10 overtimers on a day now, but those OT hoes usually snap that right up. They can have it.
                    Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Sounds like us Guards are quite in demand.

Travis County sounds like quite the fine retirement job. Good pay, beautiful scenery, friendly people, warm winters...
                      "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6208 users online. 347 members and 5861 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X