300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peace Officers Memorial-Washington DC

I recently went down to Washington DC for the NLEOM Peace Officer Memorial Day ceremonies, and I must say It was definitely worth the trip. I was also amazed at the respect I was given by Police Officers, not once did anyone attempt to put me down or the field of Corrections down. As a matter of fact I had people constantly saying "Your a corrections officer? man, I got so much respect for you guys." And that gave me a better sense of pride in myself and DOCS, which to be honest I think we need here in New York. I hope someday more and more COs begin to make the trip down there. After all, We are LEOs too. And our departments have fallen brothers and sisters names on that wall as well.
    If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Be it police work or corrections, no distinction between serving and dying. If corrections was not law enforcement, you would not have correctional officers on that wall.

Comment

Hey DOCS...I'll roll with you next year!
      Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Is this wall/memorial only for Officers who lost lives in line of duty??
        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CO4NYSsoon2bDI View Post
          Is this wall/memorial only for Officers who lost lives in line of duty??
          Yes....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            Yes....
            Thank you much!! We just lost an Officer to a traffic accident in Buffalo. It seems we are losing one a month to accidents! Very sad!

Comment

Originally posted by CO4NYSsoon2bDI View Post
              Thank you much!! We just lost an Officer to a traffic accident in Buffalo. It seems we are losing one a month to accidents! Very sad!
              I good friend of mine was hit/killed outisde of Omaha several weeks ago......off-duty...on his motorcycle......by a drunk driver.

They buried him with full honors.......but he will not appear on any Line of Death Memorials because it was not in the line of duty.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4434 users online. 240 members and 4194 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X