300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gang Tattoo/Reference... Anyone know?

I have 3 spanish kids in my dorm. One has "357" marked on his shirt, the other has it tattooed on his arm, and the last one has it tattooed on the back of his neck. Anyone know what this reference might be? Someone mentioned there might be a "357 Mafia" in the northeast. Anyone confirm this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
    LT's Challenge Coins and Promotional Items.
    LT's Challenge Coins on Facebook
    Custom Challenge Coins, Dog Tags, Key Chains, Wristbands, and Patches.

**I was an NJPrisonCop when I joined this forum. I am now a NJPrisonLt**

Wish I could help you out on this one. The newest one we have here in OK. is border brothers. This is strictly a Hispanic prison gang from what I have come across so far.
    It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

Thanks.... i have been searching this one for a while now. Will keep looking.
      LT's Challenge Coins and Promotional Items.
      LT's Challenge Coins on Facebook
      Custom Challenge Coins, Dog Tags, Key Chains, Wristbands, and Patches.

**I was an NJPrisonCop when I joined this forum. I am now a NJPrisonLt**

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
        Wish I could help you out on this one. The newest one we have here in OK. is border brothers. This is strictly a Hispanic prison gang from what I have come across so far.

Unless something has drastically changed since I left Corrections, the Border Brothers were strictly Mexican Nationals.

Comment

Here are a couple of good references about STG's. One thing I've noticed is that most 3 digit numbers used in gangs are area code references. But 357 isn't an area code and I have never heard of 357 Mafia so it probably is a smaller local gang affiliated with one of the big Latino gangs (ie MM, Kings, Familia). One of the links is to Monmouth County Gang investigators, give them an email and see if they have them in their database.

Good luck,

http://www.visitmonmouth.com/sheriff/gang.asp
          http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/gangs/index.html
          http://www.knowgangs.com/
          http://www.azcorrections.gov/adc/div...upport/stg.asp
          http://www.gangsorus.com/usgangs.html
          Last edited by robeans; 05-22-2007, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Double Post
            Last edited by robeans; 05-22-2007, 04:38 PM.

Comment

We had a white kid with the 357 on his inner arm....he said it was his fave weapon! That is the only reason he got the tat! I think he is lying!!
              Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

I vaguely remember a "357" as being Crip or Gangster Disciple related - not that this is what you are dealing with. Something about someone being shot 3times, taking 5 steps and dying 7 seconds later or rolling 7 times before dying, or something like that. Maybe it was Raymond Washington or something? I have no way of looking this up again for several days.
                New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

That is possible. Although 357 is a term used by Folk Nation gangs, it is predominately with the black Folk Nation gangs.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Blue Knights MC; 05-23-2007, 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling
                  Road Captain
                  Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

Blue Knights - thanks for the pics and for finding them so fast.

Here on the East Coast a lot of our Crips are Hispanic - and wasn't it Raymond Washington that the term "357" is used for?
                    New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

There is a branch of the crips called "SIN TOWN CRIP 357" It coud be that thats what faction of the crips that they belong to at this point in time.... I found this website http://www.streetgangs.com/crips/ Hope it helps
                      Incarceration is and in itself a form of punishment
                      Car Ramroad

I'm more afraid of being nothing, than I am of being hurt

My views are in no way associated with the views of NYS or DOCS and anything that may seem that way is purely coincidental

Comment

just another addition to what I said before CO1989 I was looking on a different website 357 tattooed on the body can also mean if that certain convicted felon is a blood 357- numbers mean Blood 4 Life, or 357 -Everything is real again like i said I hope this helps you guys out
                        Incarceration is and in itself a form of punishment
                        Car Ramroad

I'm more afraid of being nothing, than I am of being hurt

My views are in no way associated with the views of NYS or DOCS and anything that may seem that way is purely coincidental

Comment

Originally posted by NJPrisonCop View Post
                          I have 3 spanish kids in my dorm. One has "357" marked on his shirt, the other has it tattooed on his arm, and the last one has it tattooed on the back of his neck. Anyone know what this reference might be? Someone mentioned there might be a "357 Mafia" in the northeast. Anyone confirm this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
                          I am almost sure that 357 is a gangster tattoo. Most criminals get tattoos as a way of expressing their membership to a particular gang or to record their personal history like personal skills, accomplishments, specialties and convictions. Criminals also use them to express their personal feelings. Some tattoo designs also carry coded meanings. Code systems are often too complicated and due to the nature of the coded meaning, people rarely recognize them.

Comment

Originally posted by NJPrisonCop View Post
                            NJPrisonCop,

If you want to know what a particular tat is referencing, just ask the person wearing it!

Do it in such a way that you seem genuinely concerned and interested, and you'll be surprised at the responses. I did this as the Gang Coordinator in the State prison system and gleaned a wealth of information from the inmates I interviewed. Follow-up with confirming your findings with any, (or all), of the previously mentioned web sites for Gang Identification. Stay safe!

Ski

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4120 users online. 197 members and 3923 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X