300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi Dept of Corrections

Anybody worked with or for MDOC? Whats the morale and equipment like?

What equipment you mean the can of OC they give us that the offenders laugh at? No seriously I work for the and have for a year. Depending on which facility you are going to the equipment varys.

Comment

LOL, I hoped it would'nt be like that,but figured as much. You guys issued stab vest? How is morale between the troops and command staff?

Comment

No they only time you are givin a stab vest is if you join the ERT, Basicly the only things issued are you uniforms, keys, and OC Spray. Depending on the facility you can carry your own handcuffs, if you don't want to carry handcuffs there is some locked away in every unit.

Comment

Have not worked in Mississippi, and I hope that I never will. Mississippi is in its own world. I would not want to work there, even if its selling popcorn at a circus.
          C O Big Dawg
          GDC

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer101 View Post
            Anybody worked with or for MDOC? Whats the morale and equipment like?
            I understand that you are a Police Dispatcher, not a Correctional Officer.
            Big difference, actually working with inmates is very different than being someone that dispatches police.

Try working a Dorm and get back with me.
            C O Big Dawg
            GDC

Comment

Originally posted by onceamarine View Post
              Have not worked in Mississippi, and I hope that I never will. Mississippi is in its own world. I would not want to work there, even if its selling popcorn at a circus.
              Whats so bad about MS thats got you feeling this way?

Comment

What are you talking about?

Big difference, actually working with inmates is very different than being someone that dispatches police.
                Do you have a point? So what I'm a dispatcher. I'm just trying to learn about corrections in MY state. Why do you have a problem with this?

I'll be glad too,you come work my desk though.

MSCO thanks very much for your replies. I know yall have a tuff job,stay safe.
                Last edited by Tazer101; 05-28-2007, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Wow, that was all kinds of uncalled for. I guess you work the hardest tour in the country, huh. I think dispatchers have brass ones for what they do, that is some hard core high stress stuff they do, so don't hammer folks for no reason.

Comment

I have been in our dispatch office when the proverbial poo-poo hit the fan. 2 dispatchers on duty, 3 regular lines ringing, 2- 911 lines ringing and every officer calling in traffic at once.
                    No thanks, I would rather deal with my drunks, murderers and child molesters.
                    Road Captain
                    Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

So what it a Job being a dispatcher, big deal you send police to their assigned place. What is so hard about that. Like I said earlier, try working ISO/SEG and get back with me.
                      C O Big Dawg
                      GDC

Comment

Originally posted by robeans View Post
                        Wow, that was all kinds of uncalled for. I guess you work the hardest tour in the country, huh. I think dispatchers have brass ones for what they do, that is some hard core high stress stuff they do, so don't hammer folks for no reason.
                        So you are a co-signer for the police dispatcher, he can speak for himself. It is what it is, STRESS, STRESS, you signed up for the job, so go and do it!
                        C O Big Dawg
                        GDC

Comment

So why did you say the above?

Comment

Originally posted by robeans View Post
                            So why did you say the above?
                            Said it because I can, I get attention, whenever and where ever! So if the shoe fits wear it.
                            C O Big Dawg
                            GDC

Comment

So what it a Job being a dispatcher, big deal you send police to their assigned place. What is so hard about that. Like I said earlier, try working ISO/SEG and get back with me.
                              So when the street cop (or anyone else) says that your job is no big deal because everything is contained, you have immediate back up, and don't have to deal with testifying in court; you feel like he is an idiot right? Obviously he doesn't do your job, know your job and probably wouldn't be prepared to handle your job. He would be making asinine assumptions about something he seems to know very little about. Of course this would be an egregious error on his part due to the fact that you know your job is difficult. That person may have the right, but not the reason to make these sweeping judgments concerning the work you do.

Starting to make sense yet?
                              Road Captain
                              Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6148 users online. 353 members and 5795 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X