300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the academy..

I was wondering after CDCR academy, if you have to relocate do they give you time find a place or do you just report to work and they expect you to have a place already.

I am in the l process with CDCR. What I know is that when you pass all the hiring stages you will receive a call or letter with a offer to work at a certain institution. You can decline 2 of 3 offers after that no more offers ever again, your done. Keep this in mind if you graduate the academy on a friday you will be at your institution by monday. check out www.pacovilla.com you will find all kinds of info. Be sure to register so you then can go into the CDC boards. Best of luck

Comment

well that sucks if they dont give you time to get settled

Comment

Well I just got a letter today asking where I would like to work. Of course they had a section of critical institutions that need to hire, if you dont pick from the dozen or so listed then your wait will just be prolonged. You have to be patient and if you cant then maybe this job isnt for you. Remember you need to pass a pshyc oral . You gotta gather your marbles.

Comment

what are the institutions that need people the most right now?

Comment

Cdcr

They don't give you any time. You will graduate on a Thursday or Friday and report to work Monday morning. If you are relocating, line it all up before the Academy.

Comment

The institutions on the list are:
              Salinas Valley
              Ironwood
              Correctional Training Facility
              High Dessert
              RJ Donovan
              Calif Correctional Center
              Valley State Prison for Women
              San Quentin
              Calif Correctional Institution
              Centinela

Comment

Originally posted by WRiGZ View Post
                I was wondering after CDCR academy, if you have to relocate do they give you time find a place or do you just report to work and they expect you to have a place already.
                I am quite sure its the same as getting a new duty station and having the time to get settled in. I am sure they will give you a little time to find a place for yourself and your family. If you are a Marine, I am sure you will overcome and adapt to any situation. Be a Marine and stop whinning.
                C O Big Dawg
                GDC

Comment

.........................Whoooooo-Rahhhhh..............................

Comment

its not the same! if you're single you have a place to stay right away. if your are moving with family they give you time. Im not whining!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3200 users online. 153 members and 3047 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X