Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

choose corrections officer as your profession?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choose corrections officer as your profession?

hi,fellow corrections officer, why do you choose corrections officer as your profession?

So I didn't have to bother with all that useless stuff like grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
    Road Captain
    Blue Knights TX XIX

Comment

Strike One!
      "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

eww, Snap!
        Be sure you're right, then go ahead
        Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
        If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Knights MC View Post
          So I didn't have to bother with all that useless stuff like grammar, sentence structure and spelling.
          Imagine me looking at you with that raised eyebrow. Kidding!

Comment

I just recently started working with Juveniles, but mostly to use this as a stepping stone to be a Police Officer. The job is interesting I must say, sometimes shocking but each day is different.

Comment

I picked this? I thought I just woke up one day and it was thrust upon me.
              It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Comment

Hey, it beats unemployment.

Comment

I ran into this couple I went to high schol with and that is what hw was doing. It sounded interesting and I got tired of laying block in the Florida sun.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbrewer View Post
                    Hey, it beats unemployment.
                    Thats what I said when I joined the Army

At first I joined to have a stepping stone into Law Enforcement... the more I work here the more I think maybe I should finish college...

Overall this is not a bad career field for anyone who can handle it. However, you do not choose to be a CO. Reason I say that is cause not everyone can do this job (by doing the job I mean actually working).
                    Ever feel like you live in the state of confusion?

Comment

Why you ask?

I am choosing this profession for a few reasons, Reason Number 1: It pays better than consturction, Reason Number 2: A steping stone into LE, and the Most important reason, On August 13 I will be a first time Daddy and I want to be able to take care of my Family.. Sounds kinda lame when you think about it, but thats what its about for me...

Comment

choose corrections officer as your profession?

I work in the unit six years as a corrections officer, and like it, now I' m to get to used to wear vest and carry duty equipment:baton, handcuffs,pepper spray,maybe, this is my last job.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherCO View Post
                          I am choosing this profession for a few reasons, Reason Number 1: It pays better than consturction, Reason Number 2: A steping stone into LE, and the Most important reason, On August 13 I will be a first time Daddy and I want to be able to take care of my Family.. Sounds kinda lame when you think about it, but thats what its about for me...

Nothing lame about taking care of your family.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4841 users online. 296 members and 4545 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X