300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLETC Glynco, GA

Just saw my BOP Application on USAJobs went from Referred to Hired today.

Assuming I'll be on my way to Glynco, GA in the coming weeks and assuming I can take my own POV out there, just curious. What are some cool things to do on the weekends out there.

I've worked County Jail and Juvenile Corrections thus far. Looking forwarding to seeing how things are different between state and federal operations.

Lots of prior threads here on things to do and general advice for your time in Glynco.

Savannah... St. Simons Island... Red Carpet Lounge... on and on.

Two of my favorites: Go on a tour boat ride at Okeefanokee Wildlife Refuge. Those are some big gators.

And there is a huge flea market in Jacksonville, right off I-95. The North Florida people watching is simply outstanding.

And you will be amazed, and startled, by the differences between operations....
    I used to be a banker but I lost interest.

-Steven Wright

Comment

BOP academy is pretty much a 3 week party. Have fun.

Comment

Thanks for the tips folks. Unless anyone has a better suggestion my 3 weekends will entail:
        1. Universal Studios
        2. Walt Disney World
        3. Savannah/Jarrell Plantation State Park/Ocmulgee Mounds National Historic Park

This is contingent on the assumption that I will not need to study over the weekend, as training of course comes first.

But with my previous experience to guide me and from what I've heard from around the forums, it shouldn't be that intense.

Comment

I've been working for a couple months and still no Glynco date. Don't plan on going right away after being hired lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12684 users online. 499 members and 12185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X