300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a joke

In the JDC I work at we have something we call "Program" and my my what a joke it is. The coordinator is a nice guy, but seriously if you can spell your name right on paper you get a candy bar! Seems he wants to create Disney Land for them, instead of doing their time and maybe learning something.

Watch out, hug a thugs are everywhere! Might want to keep an eye on him also because who knows what he gives out when he really likes someone.
    Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Originally posted by PRIME EVIL View Post
      Watch out, hug a thugs are everywhere! Might want to keep an eye on him also because who knows what he gives out when he really likes someone.
      There is a difference between actual programming and hug a thug mentality. I know that statement seems a little at odds, but it really isn't. You don't necessarily want the thug to enjoy his stay, however you do want to turn what will hopefully be an ex-thug back into society, as a productive citizen ready to take on his responsibilities.

As far as that is concerned, I believe in holding inmates accountable for their actions, and making them tow the line, where possible. I'm not saying it's a perfect set up to do it in the BOP, but we as officers who care about our jobs do what we can. Then unfortunately there are those who are just there to get a pay check.

I wonder how that person whom you described would be as a block officer? Give a candy bar for each rule obeyed and frowny faces for each infraction?

Comment

Originally posted by Hack View Post
        There is a difference between actual programming and hug a thug mentality. I know that statement seems a little at odds, but it really isn't. You don't necessarily want the thug to enjoy his stay, however you do want to turn what will hopefully be an ex-thug back into society, as a productive citizen ready to take on his responsibilities.

As far as that is concerned, I believe in holding inmates accountable for their actions, and making them tow the line, where possible. I'm not saying it's a perfect set up to do it in the BOP, but we as officers who care about our jobs do what we can. Then unfortunately there are those who are just there to get a pay check.

I wonder how that person whom you described would be as a block officer? Give a candy bar for each rule obeyed and frowny faces for each infraction?
        I agree with your statement, but the sad reality says statisticly they will be back. Heck in Texas it is like 80% will be back. I guess they must love the accomodations or food. When one leaves we might as well hold their place, cause they are coming back. We even offer college degrees. That way we have smarter thugs. As Tom Bodette says, We leave the light on for ya!"
        "Hostages will not be recognized as a means or method of escape from this institution."

Comment

All "program" people are hug a thug in California. Period.
          Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Hug A Thug Thursdays when any volunteer shows up, Drugs For Thugs Thas what the med runs are called
            Last edited by Bulldog5485; 05-12-2007, 12:48 AM.
            Incarceration is and in itself a form of punishment
            Car Ramroad

I'm more afraid of being nothing, than I am of being hurt

My views are in no way associated with the views of NYS or DOCS and anything that may seem that way is purely coincidental

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie View Post
              In the JDC I work at we have something we call "Program" and my my what a joke it is. The coordinator is a nice guy, but seriously if you can spell your name right on paper you get a candy bar! Seems he wants to create Disney Land for them, instead of doing their time and maybe learning something.

Ah, young Grasshopper. If you long remain in this wonderous field of employment you will see many more things called "Program."
              "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

j

I believe their is nothing we can do to prevent them from not returning. It all has to come from within. NA/AA ok. Church good. Everything else is a waste of our time and dime.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4485 users online. 223 members and 4262 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X