300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vests

Just wondering if on the state and local level how common it is for agencies to issue stab vests.

Yeah right. It is hard enough to get a bullet proof vest.
    Noise Check!

Vic Mackey was my Training Officer

Comment

Nobody gets them here. Apparently the Polo shirt is stab proof.

Comment

Originally posted by ksbrewer View Post
        Yeah, I have seen those.

But, stab vests are only good for the area that they cover. The last video of an incident that I saw was bad enough. In the neck and upper back. It would not have protected neck area and part of upper back.

Comment

I actually had a captain that wrote a memo forbidding us to purchase our own stab vests! None are issued of course.

Comment

I thought officers in California worse stab proof vests all the time...
            Every Correction Officer nation wide should be afforded the opportunity to wear this vest while on duty.
            If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by ksbrewer View Post
              ROFL We are not allowed to wear them, I guess that would make our prisoners feel like...Criminals?

EDIT: Kids here like to try and sharpen their tooth brushes, nobody has been hurt yet...
              Last edited by Stewie; 05-11-2007, 02:59 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Polo shirts? You guys get to wear polo shirts? Next you'll tell me you get to wear bdu pants!
                New York State Corrections: Home to the whiniest inmates in the country!

Comment

Originally posted by CO1989 View Post
                  Polo shirts? You guys get to wear polo shirts? Next you'll tell me you get to wear bdu pants!
                  Yep. Tan BDU pants with a black Polo shirt with embroidered badge. We also have the option to wear the tan BDU top.

Comment

Back in the day, when I worked Penn Dept of Corrections we were issued vests. They kind of came and went away. Now, I understand they are issued and required uniform wear in PA corrections (state level).

Comment

Kinda figured they wouldn't issue them,but why not let you buy one?

Comment

Your not allow to purchase your own because it is not issued by the state and therefore in legality issues should something happen while you are wearing it the state can turn around and say well it wasnt issued by us so we do not have to cover you....or something like that MY opinion should we get issued them in NYS I would not wear one. Its just all the more reasons for the Cons to stab your *SS in the face or jugular.
                        Incarceration is and in itself a form of punishment
                        Car Ramroad

I'm more afraid of being nothing, than I am of being hurt

My views are in no way associated with the views of NYS or DOCS and anything that may seem that way is purely coincidental

Comment

Originally posted by DOCSatTheGunk View Post
                          I thought officers in California worse stab proof vests all the time...
                          Every Correction Officer nation wide should be afforded the opportunity to wear this vest while on duty.
                          I work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. No duty batons, stab vests, pepper spray. We handle inmates with our fists or wacking them with flashlight, keys, radio ect.. Just another proof that we are sometime considered disposable heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe159 View Post
                            Back in the day, when I worked Penn Dept of Corrections we were issued vests. They kind of came and went away. Now, I understand they are issued and required uniform wear in PA corrections (state level).
                            Never went away. Just not worn by the majority.

Down side to showing the neutral arbitrator how hazardous our profession is was the granting of the Commonwealths request to make vest wearing mandatory.

They got that, along with something they had not planned on. They have to replace each vest at the end of the warranty period, which is 5 years. The vast majority of vests issued were/are outside this and they have had to purchase newer ones that provide better coverage.

Comment

The boots kansas CO's are issued are really nice. they feel like you don't have a thing on your feet. They are hard to get on and off though.
                              There are 2 kinds of Sheepdogs.
                              Those that keep the wolves away from the herd- Police Officers

And those that keep the wolves on the other side of the fence-
                              Corrections Officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3371 users online. 154 members and 3217 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X