Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone worked air transport?

Hello Ladies and jents,

I am still waiting to here from my B/I (I was told i will here from her SOON).
    I was just wondering if there are any C.O.s that have been assigned air duty transport, or what it takes to become a C.O. for this type of duty.
    I was in the military and was on flight status as a crewchief. and also a senior aircraft mechanic on the boeing 707 stratotanker. I love to fly and know that there would be some great responsabilitys , would it give me a chance to move around stste to state? I was just wondering. Thanks for any replys.

Stay safe, stay alive.

I've transported several inmates via charter airplane. In the BOP, no special training is required for normal inmates other than the Basic Prisoner Transportation course, which hardly qualifies as "training.” But, to transport inmates who are part of the WITSEC Program, one must be certified to do so. That training is done by the BOP, not the institution, so it may actually rise to the level of mediocrity.
    "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

u

We have the WITSEC program at my jail and a number of officers have been trained for it. Its not that tuff except the firearms portion. That part is pretty tuff to pass. The staff member with the lowest amount of seniority in the WITSEC transport program has 10 years OTJ. Most have over 15 years OTJ so it is not something you are going to get for a very long time and only if you are at a institution that houses WITSEC I/Ms. Also if your in that program you will be spending a lot of time away from home for weeks at a time in foreign countries doing transfer treaties. Its not all its cracked up to be, I promise you.

Comment

If you like standing on airfields in the wind for hours, and staying awake watching some scumbag in the seat near you its ok. I like it because sometime when I get to Springfield I can go to the Bass Pro shop there.

Comment

I used to look forward to Bass Pro when flying thugs to Springfield too. I think everyone who flies thugs into Springfield goes to Bass Pro. That is until they started building them everywhere. There's a new one in my hometown, Oklahoma City, and they're building one about seven miles from my house here in the Kansas City area! That's good because I haven't flown a thug into Springfield and got to do any shopping in about seven or eight years.
          "Keep up the good fight, pass the word, and teach others to fight back when unjustly assaulted--be it on the street or in the courtroom. Self-defense is a normal, moral act. So teach your family, friends, and students practical defense against both physical and legal marauders." by Jerry VanCook www.PrisonOfficer.Org

Comment

Originally posted by hankrearden2000 View Post
            I used to look forward to Bass Pro when flying thugs to Springfield too. I think everyone who flies thugs into Springfield goes to Bass Pro. That is until they started building them everywhere. There's a new one in my hometown, Oklahoma City, and they're building one about seven miles from my house here in the Kansas City area! That's good because I haven't flown a thug into Springfield and got to do any shopping in about seven or eight years.

Comment

air transport,

Thanks for the response, I will keep that all in mind.

Stay Safe, Stay Alive. tmanj.

Comment

I know the Feds do air transport, Unsure if it is the BOP or the Marshalls. They have a unit called JPATS. This unit is the one the movie CON - AIR was based off of. I know they have their own air base and everything. Also that all trips going in and going out are classfied information. But like I said I am unsure as to whether or not the Marshalls run it or the BOP. I think they might run it like a joint task force or something. Somebody with some more knowledge on this subject care to enlighten us on this.
                Incarceration is and in itself a form of punishment
                Car Ramroad

I'm more afraid of being nothing, than I am of being hurt

My views are in no way associated with the views of NYS or DOCS and anything that may seem that way is purely coincidental

Comment

kj

JPATS is run by the USMS. Its just a flying prison. You can't order chinese take out at 10 thousand feet. When alot of people think USM they think of chasing fugitives. Most of them are just C/Os and security guards for ungrateful federal judges. Few get the opportunity to be on fugitive ops teams. Most of them in the southern district of ny that I deal with are just as ****ed as the rest of us.

Comment

The Marshall service does the scheduled trips. But the BOP does lots of its own bus trips and does individual or unsheduled flights.
                    Last edited by Von Nanega; 05-11-2007, 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Thanks again, i recieved the call to attend the willard acadamy NYSDOC 5-10-2007 starting a new carrier. I will keep you posted. tmanj

Comment

Why Willard??

I figured you to be more closer to the Albany TA, tmanj?? Why they sending you all way out to Willard?? Either way, keep your eyes open for me. I just transferred to Willard, and start there Monday.
                        Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

Congrats on your transfer CO4NYSsoon2bDI. I am from Buffalo N.Y. it's going to be alot closer going to willard 2.5 hrs Vs. .5.5 hrs.to Albany, I will do my best to move thru the system in hopes to get back to western N.y. I have been told there are a lot of retire's. I need to get thru the Acadamy first and hope i am up for the challange. Are you a drill instructor, or are you waiting on orders? Good Luck, Thanks for the reply. tmanj

Comment

Ahhhh I C....

PM me and let me know where in Buffalo....I am from the Corn Festival Town, and am trying to get back to Wende, so I can rack the OT like no tomorrow!!

Yes, I will be a DI, but not in the academy part of Willard, just the confinement part of Willard.

It sounds like the WTA is definitely the best academy for you. Do you know how to get there??? Let me know and I can PM you some on-the-dot instructions, so you avoid construction and other cr*p!! I'll see you around the campus grounds then!!
                            Last edited by Hack4NYS; 05-10-2007, 01:18 PM. Reason: Wording
                            Please note: Any assessment, assumption, attitude, conclusion, conjecture, feeling, guess', hypothesis, idea, inference, notion, sentiment, speculation, surmise', theory, thought or viewpoint that I put down is STRICTLY MINE! Remember that they do not represent the State of New York at any time!! At any time that NYS and I have the same viewpoints; they are strictly coincidental!!!

Comment

I worked conair one time, and Nicholas Cage was an inmate, him and that Boshemi guy. Never do that again.
                              "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5348 users online. 305 members and 5043 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X