300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on medical exam

I applied four months ago. I passed the written and oral already. I got a call a few days ago and they said i passed the background investigation. They schedule for my medical exam next week. What is the vision requirement to become a correctional officer? My vision is not that great but i have been wearing soft contact lense for many years already. Is that going to be a problem? I tried to look up the department's website to find the vision the requirement but i couldn't come up with anything. Thanks

Check this out:
    http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/CareerOpportu...nFactSheet.pdf
    I found it here: http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/CareerOpportu...Documents.html

Comment

my vision isn't 100% either. unless anything has changed recently, if your vision can be corrected to 20/20 with a script you're good. i sent in the form a bit ago myself.
      "Hell is other people."
      - Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Thanks for the site but i am applying for the probation department in southern california though. I have been wearing soft contact lense for six years or so. I wish probation department has the same requirement like cdcr.

According to the cdcr, " if you currently wear SCL, your vision will not be tested. On your testing day you will receive a form to take to your doctor to verify that you have been a successful contact lens wearer for a year and that you are now wearing soft contact lenses."

I passed all the steps in the hiring process already except for the medical and psy evaluation. I dont want to go to this far and then fail the Medical because of my vision. My medical exam is tomorrow afternoon... =(

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4195 users online. 246 members and 3949 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X