300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another C.O. bites the dust

Alva (AP) - A correctional officer at the Bill Johnson Correctional Center in Alva faces charges of trying to buy stolen property from an inmate at the minimum-security prison.

Sergeant Jo Thompson is accused of making a deal with an inmate to buy two personal watercraft for one-thousand dollars.

Prison spokesman Jerry Massie says Thompson has resigned her position at the prison.

Massie says the inmate Thompson had agreed to buy the watercraft from notified prison employees. The Department of Corrections then had the inmate arrange a meeting between Thompson and an undercover officer posing as the person who had the stolen watercraft.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And some of us wonder why corrections is looked down upon. This is the reason.
    It's a CERT thing. You wouldn't understand.

Better to weed them out now than find out later when an employee's life is in danger. What an idiot. NEVER take anything from an inmate. I had an inmate offer me a packet of butter once. (I was eating a tray, lol) I said no thanks.

I can't begin to even contemplate the thought process that would make one think "Yes, this inmate is trustworthy. I will buy from him." Good Lord...
    "Damn, Officer, you're strict as hell. Were you in da' Marines or something?"
    "No, parochial school"

Comment

Sheer and utter stupidity.
      If we unite and fight..we can win the day..Save Ogdensburgh or your facility may be next..

Comment

Originally posted by Dawg View Post
        Alva (AP) - A correctional officer at the Bill Johnson Correctional Center in Alva faces charges of trying to buy stolen property from an inmate at the minimum-security prison.

Sergeant Jo Thompson is accused of making a deal with an inmate to buy two personal watercraft for one-thousand dollars.

Prison spokesman Jerry Massie says Thompson has resigned her position at the prison.

Massie says the inmate Thompson had agreed to buy the watercraft from notified prison employees. The Department of Corrections then had the inmate arrange a meeting between Thompson and an undercover officer posing as the person who had the stolen watercraft.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And some of us wonder why corrections is looked down upon. This is the reason.
        Shameful!!

Comment

I swear to god, that story had to come from a text book or something, nobody is that stupid.

On a positive note for that particular Sgt, McD's is looking for future leaders.

Comment

Dawg I cant agree more, we are our own worst enemy when it comes to this stupid bs. what is even worse is when it happens with senior staff

Comment

Maybe it's a common sense thing. For real, because I have had them try to pull me into games I don't know how many times, And I pick up on the hook every time as do most other Officers. I guess some people don't think the same as others.
              "I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight"

- General George Patton Jr

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3790 users online. 225 members and 3565 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X